icon

adding a siren to factory alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 31, 2011 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry I missed the 2 posts from a week ago.  Let me go look at what we did to see if I can come up with a solution for you.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 31, 2011 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  

I do not think it blows the horn at unlock.  Can you confirm that?  If you want that to happen, we can make it happen.  Doesn't it flash the parking lights twice at unlock?

Arm it and pay close attention to the timing of the light flash along with the chirp.  Do they happen at the same time?

fosgate24360 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2011 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
ah yes you are correct, it did/does not blow horn at unlock. im so used to my old chirp once-lock and chirp twice-unlock.....sorry wasnt thinking. id like to have it chirp twice at unlock. to answer your question/s, yes the lights will flash twice at unlock and when i arm it, the chirp is the same time as the single light flash.  thx again for all your replies.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 31, 2011 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  

You will have to use a relay to make the siren chirp when the lights flash.  It may take another relay to break this circuit when the ignition is on.  We may be able to use the relay you already have that switches to siren when the ignition is off.  I will need to go back and see how we did that. 

There may be issues with lights on with ignition off.  You may need to install a switch in the cabin so you can disable this when the key is off and the lights are on.

fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2011 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
well if im going to need to flip a switch each time to get this to chirp that way, im not going to worry with it. to much of a hassle to me sorry. and i did have to power both those relays on the horn mod/siren chirp when arm. if i powered only one relay, i could only get either the high note horn sound or the low note horn sound....both sounded odd so thats why i did both. which horn sounds the same as it did before i started all this.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 31, 2011 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
You will need the switch only if you want to turn on your lights without having the key on.  If you do not see yourself turning the lights on while sitting in the car without the ignition turned on, then it will not be a problem.
fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2011 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
oh i gotcha, i misunderstood. i dont sit with the ignition off and lights on anyways due to having HID kit installed.
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic