icon

audiopipe txx-spl15 , thanks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rebelz 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2011 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
hi everyone i bought this speaker and im having a hard time finding the spects for a slot ported box for it im a total noob in this department i would really like some help in building a box for my wagon thanks        here are the spects i got Audiopipe TXX-SPL15
• 2500 Watts Power (PMPO)
• 1250 Watts Power (RMS)
• Frequency Response : 20-700Hz
• Sensitivity : 98 dB
• Extra Rigid Non Press Paper Cone
• Sand Blasted Die-cast Aluminum Basket
• Dual 3" 2 Ω 8-Layer Flat Black
Aluminum Voice Coil
• Dual Nomex Spider
• Mounting Depth: 230mm (9.05")
• 180 Oz Magnet
»ß4k¬Reß3Lz
douglas79 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2011 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

Nothing in those specs indicates the enclosure that should be built...I checked their website and didn't see anything that pertained to enclosure dimensions.  It's an SPL 15", so I would guess something onto the order of 3.5cuft with a tuning freq of 35-40hz...but you should definitely contact audiopipe to get exact dimensions.

rebelz 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2011 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply i was wondering if a 4cubic would work and again remember im a noob lol so if i do what should the port size be ? for a 35-40 htz
»ß4k¬Reß3Lz
douglas79 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2011 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
I would STRONGLY suggest contacting audiopipe.  I was just speculating...and I might be right, but I might be WAY off.  The fs of that sub is 53hz which is REALLY high...so recommended tuning frequency could be as high as 50-60hz.  It could be that the sub is designed for small enclosures and only needs 2.5cuft...it could be designed for HUGE enclosures and wants 5cuft...I would think a 4" diameter port would be adequate, but it may want a 5" or even 6" port.  It would totally suck to spend the time and money to build a box for that sub only to have it come out sounding lousy or not give you the SPL that you are presumably hoping for.  Technicians that I've dealt with from numerous sub/amp manufacturers love to "talk shop" from my experience...so just call up audiopipe (or email em) and you should be able to get you all the info you need.  Plus I would think they'd be used to it...pretty much every manufacturer lists enclosure details on their website...since audiopipe doesn't they probably get calls all the time.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
53Hz Fs? 98dB sensitivity? GARGH! That is a PA woofer, NOT a subwoofer! It's model number is accurate, though. SPL. 'Cuz that's all it's gonna do. It will NOT go deep.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
rebelz 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2011 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
i got the spects from audio pipe TXX-SPL15
FS (HZ) = 45
RE = 2X1.8
LE (MH)= 0.81
QMS = 1.31
QES = 0.52
QTS = 0.44
VAS (CU.FT)= 1.29
VAS (LITER)= 36.8
X-MAX (MM) = 1.5      not a subwofer? it wont work in my car? audiopipe txx-spl15 , thanks -- posted image.
»ß4k¬Reß3Lz
bluthunder04 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2011 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
where did you find that sub im looking for 4 of them. and sre you sure thats 1.5 mm xmax and not 1.5 in
bass head for life
rebelz 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2011 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  
bluthunder04 wrote:
where did you find that sub im looking for 4 of them. and sre you sure thats 1.5 mm xmax and not 1.5 in
       well bro just wgat is posted there is what audio pipe sent me im a lazy kinda guy so i copied and pasted it here so yup thts it
»ß4k¬Reß3Lz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic