2008 mazda3 door lock and unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaxzin 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2011 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
hello all.
Its been a while since I posted here. Just got a new car and trying to install a Hornet 727T in it. upgrade to factory keyless entry.
My one question is that on the car 2008 Mazda 3, the door lock an dunlock is one wire. The lock is a negative trigger going through a 1Kohm resistor and unlock is just a straight negative trigger. Im at a total loss as to what relay system to use.
Any advice?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2011 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
Wire like this: use two relays. Lock and unlock wire to each relay 85.
Then good ground to each 87, 12V+ constant to each 86 then from 30 of the lock relay to the wire from 30 of the unlock relay to the vehicle wire.
I suggest using a diode on each relay between 85 and 86, 1N4004 with the cathode (band) towards 86.
jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2011 at 3:53 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Wire like this: use two relays. Lock and unlock wire to each relay 85.
Then good ground to each 87, 12V+ constant to each 86 then from 30 of the lock relay to the wire from 30 of the unlock relay to the vehicle wire.
I suggest using a diode on each relay between 85 and 86, 1N4004 with the cathode (band) towards 86.
Thanks for the input.
Im guessing that the single wire lock and unlock is if you want to make the alarm system lock and unlock your doors.
What I want is the wires themselves from the doors. the actual signal from the doors when they lock and unlock. would my safest bet be to just go directly from the door lock motors to relays?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2011 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  
The way I showed is much simpler but if you want here's a diagram for the motor wires:- 91D_mazda3.bmp
The way I've done it it will give you driver priority unlock. If you don't want that then go for my previous post. simpler and you need one less relay and diode.
jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2011 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
The way I showed is much simpler but if you want here's a diagram for the motor wires:- 91D_mazda3.bmp
The way I've done it it will give you driver priority unlock. If you don't want that then go for my previous post. simpler and you need one less relay and diode.
OK. I,m confused now. What i am trying to install is a DEI Hornet 727T which is a keyless entry upgrade. What it does is arm and disarm by sensing when the door locks are locked or unlocked.
I am assuming that what we mentioned above is for having the alarm system do the locking and unlocking of doors? If so that is not what I need. I just need for this module to sense when the doors are locked and unlocked.
jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2011 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
would this work? Although I would need a separate one for the disarm/defeat wire coming from the passenger unlock wire which I have no clue what color it is.
2008 mazda3 door lock and unlock -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2011 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I've been giving you wrong information 2008 mazda3 door lock and unlock -- posted image.
Connect green arm input on 727t to vehicle's BLACK / YELLOW motor wire and blue disarm input to BLACK/ white PJB 46 pin plug labelled JO5 pins AP and L respectively, no relays required.
jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2011 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

Awesome. Thats exactly what I needed to confirm. I wasnt 100% sure if I needed relays or not.

Now, the 727t has a disarm defeat wire that goes from the passenger unlock to the 727T. Would you happen to know which wire is the passenger unlock?

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2011 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
WHITE/ black, pin Y of that 46 pin plug marked JO5.
jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2011 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
WHITE/ black, pin Y of that 46 pin plug marked JO5.

Thank you so much. Will report back once I have it all installed.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic