icon

Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hondacr-verde 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Well after plenty of waiting, and call Pioneer my 7500 has been delivered to my distributor. I will be picking it up this evening. I can;t wait to get her installed! I just think...I almost gave in and intalled a 6500.
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a 7500 in my truck last weekend, it is by far the coolest piece available....it blows everything else out of the water.......eclipse, panasonic, alpine, clarion, all of them are gonna have to go back to the drawing board.

-Cy

hondacr-verde 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2003 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the Pioneer TV antenna? I'm told it has very good reception compared to others.
Also, the parking brake cut off...Pioneer uses a standard ground connection for bypass correct?
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2003 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Pioneer includes 2 tv antennas with the 7500--which is awesome, there is a parking brake wire---like most dash mounted video systems--but it sounds like you already know what to do. 

The one thing that most wont expect, it is a 5.1 receiver, so you will need a Y adaptor for your subwoofer out.....

Unlike all previous pioneer headunit/brain setups, the new models have significantly smaller brains...all audio rca connections are at the back of the radio.  There are additional audio/video jacks on the brain....the one set back that I have ran into are the 2 data cables from the hu to the brain, they are rather short, so you are forced to install the brain fairly close to the dash, pioneer has no plans as of yet to make extension cables.

-Cy

hondacr-verde 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2003 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Installed and loving it!!! OMG what else could I really ask for??? Well I won't go there.
I was unaware the unit came with the antenna. I knew the tuner was built in, but that's it, what a plus. Everything is working perfect.
You're right I wasn't expecting the single output for the sub so I did have to use a Y. Fortunately I have plenty stored away.
As for the cables...I curently have the "brain" under my dash. I'm am most likely going to relocate it this weekend under the pass. seat. Lucky for me the cables are plenty long to make the stretch.
Dolby sounds great even if I'm missing a center channel, I guess I know what's next on the shopping list.
I ran the Auto EQ & TA today, and it made a world of change.
All I can say is that this unit is a must have if you are looking for a high quality and multi-featured AV system.
davecsu 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2003 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
IronCy wrote:

there is a parking brake wire---like most dash mounted video systems--but it sounds like you already know what to do. 

I'm putting in a 6500 and I'm wondering how to bypass the green parking brake wire???  Ground it?  Ground it with an in-line switch?

davecsu 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2003 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
davecsu wrote:
IronCy wrote:

there is a parking brake wire---like most dash mounted video systems--but it sounds like you already know what to do. 

I'm putting in a 6500 and I'm wondering how to bypass the green parking brake wire???  Ground it?  Ground it with an in-line switch?

I figured it out!  just gound it! 

jhanses 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2003 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
I put in the 7500 with the xm tuner (separate hideaway unit), and the AVIC-90. Got carried away with a 4 chanell amp for front and rear and a 2 chanell for a single 10" sub I"m building into the rear of my 4runner. Also bought a center speaker that came with some other unit, then disassembled it and built it into the dash. Don't have the sub going yet and I can say this freakin' setup rivals or exceedes my home unit!! The touch screen only shows prints in certain circumstances - if you'll be watching a movie in that light, well, you ought to move your vehicle.
Lotto a damn wires!!!
4Runnin' MF
pioo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

How does the XM information appear on the 7500dvd screen?  Is there artist, song title, and XM channel shown on the display all at the same time?  Or do you have to switch between song title and artist?  If you purchased the GEX-910 XM unit, do you have scrolling capabilities beyond the 16 characters?  I am trying to decide if I want to purchase a portable XM unit rather than the hideaway unit and the display and controls are a deciding factor.

jhanses 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2003 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
There's surprisingly only one line at a time displayed for the xm unit.    You can push a button on the unit or remote to advance to station #, artist, song, etc. I do wish I could see the title and artist at the same time and I'm surprised Pioneer didn't use a little more real estate for it. Outside that I love my Pioneer.
4Runnin' MF
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic