icon

6a05 diodes can be used on door switch?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaxzin 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2011 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
I have access to hundreds of 6A05 diodes. wont be needing that many but need 6 to complete my car doors and hood and trunk pins. Can the 6A05 be used for that instead of the 1N4001's?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2011 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

They will work just fine, but they are a bit overkill.  They are rated at 6 amps and 50 volts.  If you have them, fine, but if you are planning to order some, a 1n4001 would be much more economical.

jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2011 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

They will work just fine, but they are a bit overkill.  They are rated at 6 amps and 50 volts.  If you have them, fine, but if you are planning to order some, a 1n4001 would be much more economical.

yeah, I have access to these for free. but I did wind up finding some 1N4001's and used those instead.
Wierd thing is happening though. On my 08 mazda3 the door switches are positive output at 12V. I diode isolated them but when I join them all together to the door switch input of the alarm I lose my interior lights. I remove them all separately and all is back to normal. Whats up with that?
jaxzin 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2011 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Nevermind I got it figured out. When I twisted them together the anodes were touching. I used some shrink wrap to isolate and Im good to go now.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2011 at 1:31 AM / IP Logged  
That should be standard procedure.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic