icon

viper, dei 530t, 97 ford explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
unbwogable21 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
Despite my misgivings, I did what you said. I ran wires to each motor and switch, ran ground and hot DIRECTLY to the battery, and, surprise, it didn't solve my issue.
I have read the instructions. Several times. And, aside from putting the module in the door, I've followed them to the letter. I've wired the module into the drivers side switches. All switches work, and the drivers side switches provide one touch up/down on both windows, when the key is on. The system is wired properly, I'm 100% sure. The issue is that when I ground the 'window up' wire, they don't go up. They go up as long as I have the wire grounded, but once I release it, they stop. My dad had one of these put into his vehicle, and once you ground the 'up' wire, it rolls the windows up all the way.
Again, when I press the down button on either window with the key on, it works perfectly. When I press the up button on either window with the key on, it works perfectly. When I ground the window down wire, it drops about 2 inches, then, if I continue grounding it, it rolls all the way down (regardless of whether I disconnect the 'down' wire or leave it connected).
Next suggestion
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
The down part is correct, touch once and it vents about 2", hold for about 3 secs. and they open all the way. Absolutely OK so we have to look at the "up" orange wire. Connect this too the GWA, orange if DEI. It will then work. Again as per the instructions.
unbwogable21 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2011 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
I did connect it to the ground when armed, and I get 1/4" of movement before it stops. Same thing when I touch the wire directly to ground. Moves until I release it from ground
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
OK, then it seems to the problem is with the GWA. Are you using this for any other functions?
Frankly if it works when you are grounding the 530t orange wire, then in theory it should work when connected to the alarm's GWA wire!
Either the alarm's GWA wire is faulty,
you've connected to the wrong wire,
It isn't sinking enough current to ground the 530t orange wire.
unbwogable21 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Well, apparently, the wiring diagram sheet I had was either wrong or modified. I had the GWA on the wrong wire, wrong wiring harness. I attached it to the correct wire and voila, it works.
unbwogable21 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure why the admin locked my post and told me to post to something that is UNRELATED, but here it is:
I'll have to trace down my wires and post it. I have used a DMM to double check the wiring.
Something I did notice is that I get +12 on the H3/1 wire from the moment the key is turned on, through cranking, and when the engine is running with the key on.
I actually had to disconnect this wire to keep the starter from engaging when using the remote start. I reconnected it and disabled the remote starter while I'm attempting to solve this problem, but I feel they may be related.
unbwogable21 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2011 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
So that everyone knows what's going on here:
I attempted to install a Viper 5901 into a friends 97 Ford Explorer. All went well, except the system doesn't seem to recognize that the ignition is on. Remote start works, door lock/unlock works with the alarm arm/disarm.
The reason I know the system isn't detecting ignition is because if the alarm is triggered, and I disarm it, I hear 4 chirps (meaning an alarm triggered in my/his absence) as opposed to 2 (standard disarm). According to everything I've read, when you start the car, it should clear the previous triggers. When I disarm the system after starting it, I still get 4 chirps. This will continue until I unplug all +12V inputs and wait 30 seconds.
Also, I can't use the valet button programming method (which involves leaving a door open, turning the ignition key on, and pressing the valet button), so I'm pretty sure it's the ignition sense issue again.
Now I've already shorted the H3/1 wire (ignition sense) to +12V directly, no result.
The following is how I have the wires all connected:
H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 GREEN/ Purple
H3/2 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED (30A) Yellow
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT Gray / YELLOW
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE) RED / Light Blue - cut
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE) RED / Light Blue - cut
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) Yellow
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 BLACK/ Green **Viper programmed for Accessory2
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY 87A Not Used
H3/9 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED (30A) Yellow
H3/10 NC (no connection) Not Used
When the H3/1 wire is connected to the specified wire, and I engage the remote starter, the vehicle starts, but also grinds the starter. When I disconnect this wire, it runs fine. In neither case does the system reset or detect that the key is on or engaged.
unbwogable21 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2011 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
A thank you to everyone who responded to my plea :-) turns out, the heavy gauge h3 harness from the 5701 and 5901 had the ignition input output wire in the wrwrong slot. There's ten spaces, 9 wires. The solid pink was in the area marked n/c. Switched it to the right spot, works like aa dream.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic