icon

remote start on lock?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xmxer13 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
I had an issue come up on my 2009 Ford F-450. I have had a Viper 5901 installed and working fine on it for almost 2 years. Just last week I pushed the lock button on the remote and it locks, then goes into remote start mode. This happens from both the one way and 2 way remotes. If I put it in valet mode I can lock and it works fine. But everytime I push lock normally after the doors lock it will start? Anyone ever had this happen before? Is if repairable or is the brain malfunctioning?
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Only thing I can think of is if the remote start trigger is somehow touching your door lock wire. I am not familiar with the programming options of the 5901.
Usually there is a wired remote start input that has a selectable number of input pulses to trigger the remote start. (typically used if a customer wants to use the factory FOB to trigger the remote start)
Does the original method of remote starting the vehicle still work? (not by pushing the lock button)
xmxer13 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
The remote start still works fine when you use the dedicated remote start button. It just also starts everytime you push lock. I dont know what to do.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2011 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
Did you have it professionally installed and is the shop/person still in business?
May be worth calling the installer to see if they will take a look at it for you or not before digging into it yourself.
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2011 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
Reprogram remote comtrols
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2011 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
I mean controls

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.