the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start on 2011 dodge challenger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
I'm honestly not 100% sure because I've yet to use that bypass, but I wouldn't think so. Especially since you hardwired the tach. Did you try relearning the tach after waiting a few seconds?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Troc4434 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
it says I have to start the car, within 5 sec press and hold program button for 3 seconds then release once light goes solid. so you are saying leave the car running? or turn car off?
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
just tried the tach program again, same issue "low tach". could my bypass just need an update, I see on xpresskits website that they have a newer firmware for my bypass. I should be able to take the bypass out the car and try to update it via the internet to see if that could fix the issue Im having the the tach low voltage. Their website sates it fix an tach issue on the wrangler and nitro, but said nothing about the
challenger. http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=461
The new firmware for my car is 401.CHRYSLER.402-firmware. my current one that on the bypass now is 401.CHRYSLER.V3.12.08
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Its worth a shot. Do you have the XK Loader to update it?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
Its worth a shot. Do you have the XK Loader to update it?
yes, I have an xk loader and the xpresskit vip desktop software to load the firmware. when I unplug it from the car to update it the the xk loader, do I have to reprogram the db-all bypass in the car when I hook it back up?
offroadzj 
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
Again, I don't have experience with them, but I would assume so. I believe when you update the firmware you are basically clearing it out... but I could be wrong. It shouldn't hurt to reprogram it anyways.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
I will give it a try today, if this doesnt work..I dont know. Ive never had problems with the auto installing remote starters, but this is my 1st manual car. It sucks because xpresskit customer service wont give me any info at all because Im not a viper dealer. But I do order from my dei from distributor so I dont have to stock a lot of products since I only do custom audio, air suspension stuff. I do alarms and remote starts once in a while.
Troc4434 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
fixed my remote starter, It works finally. I went online to expresskits to look at the install guide for the DB-ALL bypass module again. I notice the install guide was different from the one I downloaded months ago for the 2011 dodge challengers. The newest guide at the ignition you only hookup can low, can high and ignition( which you have to cut in half for wire one side to car side and the other to key side). which on the old install guide tells me to hook up 4 wires at the ignition can low, can high, ignition and 12 volt. In which the 12volt wire had to be cut also like the ignition wire, in half. The 12 volt wire was the issue, thats why the 2 ways kept reading low voltage on my 2 way in manual mode and automatic mode. Thats the reason the car would never crank. I kept telling the xpresskits tech support guys there is something wrong with the wiring diagram manual months ago, they thought I was crazy. Im just glad I got it to work. I also had to update to the new firmware also. I still have the tach wire hooked up, but I will see if I unhook it if it still remote starts for me. thanks guys for all your input for this issue.
offroadzj 
Posted: December 06, 2011 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to hear you got it all figured out!! Thanks for posting the solution.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic