icon

07 toyota camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cristigil 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2011 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
i just did remote starter and everything works fine,but when the remote starter shuts off the auto lights stay on.how can we bypass to prevent this on toyota with auto lights.I tried a negative pulse on a door trigger without success. Thanks in advance!!!!!!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 21, 2011 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Remote start it and then kill it.  Turn the parking lights on then off, does this kill the lights?  If so, maybe use whatever you pulsed the door trigger with to flash the parking lights.
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2011 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
make sure your output is some form of 'pulse after shutdown'. If so and it's still not working, you can use that output to trigger a relay and open the autolights wire.
cristigil 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2011 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  

i just pulsed the door trigger using the lock pulse,but the problem is that conection prevent the door lock to lock.Any other easy way to make the autolights turn off with a simple pulse from the remote starter.Thx!!!

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 21, 2011 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

Howie, have I too  become invisible?

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2011 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
cristigil wrote:

i just pulsed the door trigger using the lock pulse,but the problem is that conection prevent the door lock to lock.Any other easy way to make the autolights turn off with a simple pulse from the remote starter.Thx!!!

I have never had good luck pulsing the door trigger on Toyotas. The best way to do it is to add a relay to break the autolight wire at the switch...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2011 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
Craig, what have I done now? Or not done?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2011 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
Craig, if you're referring to FB yes you have. Time to migrate to Google+?
dougcardo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
I'm on the same page with Mike on this. I have a Viper 5301 installed in a 2004 Toyatoa Camry (same as 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005). Headlights and Parking lights remain on after the remote start times out or is canceled. I tried pulsing the door trigger (with diode isolation) using the alarm rearm wire and it does work, but when locking the car, the alarm is tripped because the Viper outputs after the remote start times-out as well as when you lock the system. I don't even see how this could work. If a door is triggered when its locking this is basically guaranteed to set off the alarm.....
I have also tried a relay on the headlight wire controlled by the status output, but when the remote start cycle completes, the lights simply some right back on.
The only way I see possible is to ghetto rig a relay on the headlight wire (on the steering column) triggered by the accessory power. Essentially making your own auto off lights. However, this would also have to be done for the parking lights as well.
Maybe I missed something that could much more easily accomplish this. Please reply if you agree or have any recommendations.
Thanks,
Doug
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
There is another wire on the headlight switch that shows groung only whn you turn them to autolights. Use this wire and cut it thru a relay. Trigger the relay with the GWR wire, this way the autolights won't come on at all when you use the remote start.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic