Viper 5901 in a 2011 Ford F-150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2006ramcrazy 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Excellent!   Viper 5901 in a 2011 Ford F-150 - Page 7 -- posted image. Buy that dealers service personnel a couple of dozen doughnuts on your next visit!

Yeah I need to do something for them.
racerjames76 wrote:
Good to hear on the no cost fix :)
Yes it is....I'm very happy. The harness alone was over $400.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Well guys, I have conceded in defeat.
I feel very defeated and quite frustrated with myself.
I reinstalled the Viper, programmed the bypass and everything worked but the remote start. It would start it but immediately shut off.
I went through everything verifying, double and even triple checking connections and everything was right. I made sure the bypass programmed and even reprogrammed it multiple times and each time the same thing. Would start and shut right off even with the key in the ignition.
I've wasted enough time trying to put this Viper in this truck so I'm putting the Viper and all the add-on's I've bought on ebay.
(Second shock sensor, Field disturbance sensor, voice module)
Hopefully I can get enough out of it to cover the Ford OEM remote start or possibly another system that WILL work with the 2011 security.
It's very frustrating!
Viper 5901 in a 2011 Ford F-150 - Page 7 -- posted image.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to tell all of you I am very grateful for the help and info you all offered. It was very much appreciated! Thank you!
I guess it just wasn't ment to be
Viper 5901 in a 2011 Ford F-150 - Page 7 -- posted image.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2011 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
dont give up so easily yet. your problem was a tach error. the xk doesnt offer a good tach output in my opinion.
from the viper unit, connect the tach to the vehicle and it will start up every time.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2011 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
I appreciate the info but another member told me in this thread that the tach shouldn't be needed.
I have the Eco Boost which has direct injection and the injectors are buried under the intake so I can't get to them to hook to.
I have spent hours, and I mean hours on this thing and I am at a loss. I need a "Key Sense" + wire so I used the one from the PKTX and every time I plugged it into the key sense it would drop power. It had power until it made contact with the Key sense wire then it would go to zero. So I took a relay and went to make one by grounding the relay to the chassis and using the alarms + accessory wire to power it so it only powered the key sense when I activated the R/S. I kept getting some kind of back-feed so everytime I hooked to the key sense wire it would turn the ignition on.
Something is definitely different with the F-150 then I have ever worked with before. Just the wire sized used on the ignition really surprised me when I first opened her up... I dunno. I'd love it in there and I'm sure it will work but I guess I am not proficient enough in these new systems to figure it all out.
Thanks
2011 F-250 Super Duty
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2011 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
I called a couple of the alarm places around here to see if they would take a look at it and see what I was doing wrong and as soon as I told them I have it 90% installed they weren't interested in touching it.
I found one place (Best Buy) that would even consider installing it and they told me to completely take it out and they will look at what I got and give me a price on installing it if it isn't too much additional work installing a used system.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2011 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
as an installer its much harder to fix someones work, i would rather rip it out and start over.
i think you should save the buck and attempt again, or find a member that installs on the board.
Ted
Compustar Expert
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  
I probably will if it doesn't sell on eBay. when I get frustrated enough I walk away for a while but I usually don't give up for good. it eats at me when something I know I can do wins lol
2011 F-250 Super Duty
tedmond 
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
take the challenge on, in the end you will thank yourself for saving the buck, and knowledge gained.
i will send you over wiring diagrams/guided picture installs from fortin, wiremagic, and astro. im sure you will have it up and running.
Ted
Compustar Expert
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you! Anything that you can offer will be helpful and truly appreciated.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic