icon

python 1401 remote starter, 03 ford escape

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fireman4 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2011 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys I need your help please I put in a python 1401 remote starter in my 03 ford escape. And it seems it is in manual transmission mode so it won't start my truck. Also I have a pkfm xpresskit bypass moduel that has a ground when running wire that I did not hook up now does that wire get hooked up to the status output on the remote starter?
Ps. I need to know how to get it out of manul transmission mode.
Thanks again guys.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2011 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Go to downloads sections of this site and look for viper 5101 manual. I believe the programming info starts on page 40. Also, the status output does get connected to the gwr.
Advanced
fireman4 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2011 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys ok I got a cupple of ? For ya. I have a python 1401 remote starter that I installed on my 2003 Ford escape and I have 3 wires that I need to connect they are the neutral safety input,remote start/turbo timer activtion input,and a ground when armed output. Now do all 3 of thoes wires get connected to ground? Also coming from the bypass moduel witch is an xpresskit PKFM I have a brown wire that is a groung when running wire where do I hook that one up too. Thanks for all your help guys.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 20, 2011 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

GWR on the bypass module gets hooked to the Blue Status wire on the DEI unit...

NSS wire goes to ground and the turbo wire and the GWA are not hooked up at all......

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
fireman4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
ok i installed a python 1401 in my 2003 escape and its been working fine until now. now when i remote start my truck it turns the ignition on and it turns it off and in the brain i can hear a relay clicking on and off than it flashes the parking lights on and off. every time i try to remote start my truck. please help me
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
How many times is it flashing the lights? It is sending a diagnostic code to tell you why it did not start. Watch how many times the lights flash and look in the manual for the diagnostics in the back. That should tell you which input is being triggered. Does it try cranking the starter at all? Also, do you have it connected to a tach signal or are you just running off voltage / virtual tach?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
fireman4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
it flashes 1 time and then it tries to start it again but it does not crank. i have it connected to a tack signal and it is programed to it
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged  
Check to see if you are getting an output on the purple heavy gauge starter wire. It sounds like you may have a bad connection to the starter wire.
Also, let the unit attempt to start 3 times and then see if it flashes the lights afterwards. The single light flash is just the activation flash. The diagnostic flashes come after it fails to start 3 times.
Finally, where did you connect your 12v constant?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
Also watch your pats light on the dash to see if it flashes fast indicating a bypass issue
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
offroadzj 
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
You can also test the immobilizer by trying to remote start it with the key in the ignition... but I don't think that is your issue because most of the time it will still crank, just won't start or will start the engine and then immediately shut off.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic