compustar w9000ss and pulsing hazard's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cartermarkham 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
Yea, what the coolmankyle said. There is no reason to have to change the output of any of those wires... unless the installer somehow really hacked your install and used one of those wires.....
The OP may not be able to answer this, but is the parking light output on that unit programmable / jumper-able for negative parking lights??? If not did the installer use that output for whatever reason?
I do not know...
I do know he installed it "differently" on my car. Not hacked.
Besides, POC #3 default is option 0 which is "(-) 2nd Ignition (Green)". The optional setting I need is "2nd Light" which is Option 1
2011 Subaru WRX Limited
cartermarkham 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
Tried reprogramming using the 2 way remote, now all get is "FAIL" on the remote.
2011 Subaru WRX Limited
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
I would be bringing it back to him and telling him to fix it. Something def. isn't right with the installation... I see no reason at all that he should have used any of those wires.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
cartermarkham 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
I would be bringing it back to him and telling him to fix it. Something def. isn't right with the installation... I see no reason at all that he should have used any of those wires.
Any idea what the FAIL is all about? I can't find any info on it...
2011 Subaru WRX Limited
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Did you possibly change any other settings by chance? That is the only thing that would make sense...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
cartermarkham 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2011 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
Did you possibly change any other settings by chance? That is the only thing that would make sense...
Not that I know of.
2011 Subaru WRX Limited
cartermarkham 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2011 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
I went back to the shop and they reprogrammed it to make the lights flash. Well it worked but the delay is just horrible. I asked him to change it back, so now they are on steady.
The reason why he programmed POC#3 differently was because I have LED's for hazards and brake lights. He had it set so they didn't "strobe" when the car started.
2011 Subaru WRX Limited
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic