the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

05 mercedes c320 4m

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2011 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
I'm looking at possibly doing a starter in an 05 C320 in the near future but have some small concerns. First of all, I did a search on here and found a fairly straight forward wire diagram that didn't show anything special. But then I looked into the DEI wiring through the ReadyRemote site and it is showing some really oddball wiring (low current ignition, etc).
So before this guys spends $180+ on a new laser cut key for the bypass can someone please tell me what I'm looking at with this install...
Thanks in advance.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2011 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
And instead of starting another thread. I'm also looking at doing an 07 Infiniti M35x that I could use some insight on as well... basically just info on anything to look out for. And is the wiring the same between the M35 and M35x?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  
Ref the Mercedes, Compustar do a M/Benz specific, expensive but it's good and easy to install.
Please DO start another thread, too confusing otherwise.
offroadzj 
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
Ok. Started a new thread. Yea, the Compustar Mercedes start is probably out of the question unless it is the only option. Thats a pretty hefty price tag and I don't think they will go for it. So is there anything special I'll be looking at by doing it the "old fashioned" way??
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
Nightmares. Don't think it was ever tried over here, I think you have to pick up everything at one of the fuse boxes. Do you have Directechs access?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
Forget Directechs I just looked, "no interface available at this time", locks are CAN etc. etc. Time you start to kludge it up and tear your hair out you might as well have used the Compustar.
offroadzj 
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Forget Directechs I just looked, "no interface available at this time", locks are CAN etc. etc. Time you start to kludge it up and tear your hair out you might as well have used the Compustar.
That's what is throwing me off because I read that and got that eerie feeling, but then I did a search on here and found this:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=106372&KW=2005+C320
Maybe I'll have to just have him come over and I'll try to find everything and get the install done minus the key in the bypass (xpresskit.com says just a 556uw) then if it all works out have him get the key made and then throw it in the bypass... and just skip locks if he is ok with that.
But furter knowledge is appreciated!!!
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Good luck following that route, those wiring colours are nothing at all like the Directechs colours!
This topic comes up about once a year, my own thoughts are; 98 on, RUN!
offroadzj 
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Yea, those are usually my thoughts... especially since C.City is not there to back me up if something decides to go wrong... lol. I'm all on my own...
I messaged him back and told him I'm going to have to pass. Without having the resources I used to have, it just not worth the risk.
Thanks for the info!!!
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2011 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
02 onwards, anything from Europe, especially Germany is CAN laden and counter intuitive, I even did an 00 C class a while back, a nightmare, had to go to the pump, open it and 5 wire the motor wires....and it didn't do the trunk, the only good point was that door, trunk and hood triggers were there.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic