icon

2006 jeep grand cherokee rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
You also said you grounded hood pin which would cause a no remote start condition. Hood pin needs to see ground only to shutdown the remote start.
Advanced
samuraibuddha 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
I used bitwriter to change the hood pin condition to the other setting... forgot to mention that... also, so the 1084 diagram only applies to non-bypass module install?
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

to answer your question about the 1084 diagram, it applies when you use a bypass that doesn't cover the mux circuit.  The dball does assuming you followed the diagram to a T.

Advanced
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

To add to programming, when you turn the ignition to run and you get a green blink, do you then turn off ignition, remove key and press lock or unlock on the factory fob?  Once you hit one of the keyless commands it usually will then go solid green.

Advanced
samuraibuddha 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2012 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
actually yes, that is what I have to do to get it to stop blinking, but it doesn't stay solid green when I do that, it just goes off and then all of my other functions work... except the remote start.
Btw, last night I removed the relay setup I had, reattached the PURPLE / brown wire I had cut per 1084, reset the dball (not reflashed), and no go. Just to make sure I have the right heavy gauge wires connected... I have the H3/1-pink to pink/lt green @ ign hrn; and H3/4-violet to pink/orange @ ign hrn, and that is all, aside from the 12v to all fused inputs on H3 harness. And this is the dball diagram I have been using:
2006 jeep grand cherokee rs - Page 2 -- posted image.
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2012 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
whenever you send the command to remote start, does the viper or vehicle respond at all?  Does it flash the vehicle parking lights 7 times?  Does the ignition turn on?  Does it try to crank?  Do you get any lights on the dball?
Advanced
samuraibuddha 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2012 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
well, I must have just screwed something up royally, because now I can't even start the car... it turns over and runs for like 5 secs and then dies... If I can get it back to just working I am gonna forget the damn remote start... it won't lock now either, even from the door... it will unlock but not lock... I think I am gonna have to pull the whole thing and start from scratch again...
samuraibuddha 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2012 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
So, i pulled the battery for a bit, disconnected both the 5901 and the dball, plugged the battery back in, and the the doors lock now from the door switch... so that's good... but the car still shuts off after 5 secs, does this possibly have to do with a starter kill on the OEM alarm?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2012 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
More likely tach not learnt.
samuraibuddha 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2012 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
oh no the remote start is not even in the picture anymore, this is just with the key!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic