2008 Lexus GS350 Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ekrainey 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
yep i had it confused. now i believe i have the correct wires going to the door
blue unlock to Unlock Motor red 5 wire driver door ECU in door, 24 pin plug, pin 1
blue/black lock to Lock Motor green 5 wire driver door ECU in door, 24 pin plug, pin 2
i have the 6200 set for - polarity and .8 sec send.
still when the remote start is on i have zero lock unlock with compustar remote. i still have to shut the car down before i can unlock it.
am i missing a wire? do i need the priority unlock hooked up?
i am thinking its something in the setup,not wiring, but not sure what.
Thanks Eric
ekrainey 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
ok i think i got this figured out on the door locks. evidently i was overlooking the 5-wire notation. so tomorrow ill pick up a couple relays and run 2 more wires into the doors.
im no professional and have only done 3 wire locks in the past. Good good thing i kept reading. :)
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2011 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

Think you might still have it wrong.

Here are a couple notes from DEI :

Power Lock          blue ( -)          passenger door ECU in door, 24 pin plug, pin 22  
This wire is only needed if the door locks do not function when the vehicle is running. All other times just use the factory alarm arm wire.

Power Unlock      green  (-)         passenger door ECU in door, 24 pin plug, pin 23

This wire is only needed if the door locks do not function when the vehicle is running. All other times just use the factory alarm disarm wire.

You should be able to directly connect the CM6200's (-) Lock and (-) Unlock wires to these wires in the passenger door.

Soldering is fun!
ekrainey 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2011 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
Unlock Motor red 5 wire driver door ECU in door, 24 pin plug, pin 1
Lock Motor green 5 wire driver door ECU in door, 24 pin plug, pin 2
Power Unlock green - passenger door ECU in door, 24 pin plug, pin 23
Power Lock blue - passenger door ECU in door, 24 pin plug, pin 22
i am using the unlock motor red and green above. at the drivers door.
i figured this would jut actuate the drivers door. thats why i went there.
guess ill remove it in the morning and try the passenger side pins.
Thanks For the info
Eric
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2011 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, it was late when I posted.   2008 Lexus GS350 Alarm/Remote Start Wiring - Page 2 -- posted image.   I didn't see where you were just trying to lock / unlock the drivers door only.  Thought you couldn't lock / unlock any door while under remote start. 
Soldering is fun!
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2011 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  
I read your post and I'm not sure from what I read if the power door locks weren't working because you hadn't even hooked up the lock/unlock wires from the Compustar. If that is the case, then you must hook those wires up to the Factory ARM/DISARM wires from the wiring chart that Howie provided. You'll need connect your Lock wire of your compustar to the Arm wire, which will arm the factory alarm and lock the doors. Then you'll take your unlock wire of your compustar to the Disarm wire. In the menu settings of the compustar set your unlock wire to double pulse. Double Pulse is required to open all the doors. First pulse unlocks drivers door, second pulse unlocks the rest.
According to the Diagram that Howie posted, the ARM/DISARM wires are at the power switch connector. Most likely the drivers door. You want to find and test the wires that goto ground as you turn the key in the key cylinder on the outside of the door, NOT from the lock/unlock rocker switch on the inside door panel. In each door, the key cylinder wires should go from the key cylinder to the Power Window Switch connector.
Frank
ekrainey 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2011 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Done!
Thanks everyone for all the excellent help. I am know fully up without any relays, using the arm disarm.
Very few places can an amateur ask these simple questions without getting flamed. You are all true professionals and it shows!
Eric
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic