Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
laserbeak43 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2011 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
What diodes? There aren't any in that diagram
I assumed that those symbols between the leads were variations of this one?
Power Window Kit, Wiring Diagram Lost - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll wrote:
incidentally what logic probe? All you would need for this set-up is a 12v test light.
oh, i was under the impression that i was told to stop cause the switches might contain digital logic.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
No they are connectors, if you look closely they are nothing like the diagram you just posted, also some would logically (intended pun) be reversed.
I agree with your logic probe comments but horses for courses, that diagram is exactly how I would (and have over the years) wire a 4 window set up.
The switches are all DPDT momentary, with the motor wires grounded at rest. No door modules, no one touch etc.
The satellite switches are all wired in series with the master switches (driver's door), even the cut out is how I would do it so the driver's door still works all.
Having said that there are later set-ups, especially Japanese, Toyota, Nissan etc. and the Germans, using CAN or 1 wire data from master to slave switches.
laserbeak43 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2011 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks,
I do want to use the switches (toyota) that fit my pontiac vibe and not the ones that came with this kit. I'll have to check the leads and see what i come up with.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2011 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
I would bet money that wiring isn't compatible with the factory switches. Try Googling Spal or Electric Life or MES to find compatible switches that look like the Toyota switches.
laserbeak43 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
i've just cut slots for the switches i have into my base model armrest plates. I'll try to make some kind of circuit to get the other switches working another day. Thanks for your help.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic