the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 accord remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2011 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Good Day All. I'm hoping someone can help. I've spent the last 2 weeks searching everywhere but can't find the answers.
I have installed a couple dozen remote starters (not an expert by any stretch but not a newbie either) and this one has me stumped. I installed an Avital 4103 LX remote starter in a 2010 Honda Accord 4 door (standard key with keyless entry). The wiring for the remote starter itself is very straight forward (many thanks to the12volt) and so is the immobilizer bypass (so i thought). I decided on a DBALL since it would control everything on the CANbus as well as the bypass. After flashing the DBALL with firmware 401.HONDA56 v1.20 as Xpresskit stated, I connected the 4 wires (CANbus high and low, immo data and ignition) and attempted to program it. The DBALL wouldn't program so i thought it was a faulty unit.
I had an extra XK05 on hand (bypass only) and wired it up (less wires even) but it's also not programming. The XK05 firmware used is PKH4 v3.01. I thought about using the previous firmware version for the 7th gen Accord but the immobilizer wiring is different pinout and colors.
The immobilizer plug itself has 7 pins and pin 6 is the immo data wire and is light green and very thin. This is the wire I soldered the bypass wire to. The CANbus wires are blue and pink at pins 3 and 4. All my connections are soldered and taped. I can't really test the immo data wire much since it's a data line, but checking for AC voltage with multimeter reads about 11 volts AC with the car off. I also tested the harness on both bypass units to confirm my soldered connection was working.
Any ideas? Has anyone else ever had this issue? I am trying not to use any other bypass unit besides DEI if possible. Not affiliated, just prefer the D2D connection. Has always worked great. Even though in this instance D2D or not, the bypass units should be programming.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who contribute daily to this site!! It has done wonders for me as well.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2011 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
What are the lights on the DBALL doing when you try to program. Double check your power and ground, and disconnect the GWR wire to program it.  i just used did an 09 Accord with the DBALL last weekend and it worked great. I forgot the ignition wire at first and it would not program. the light on the DBALL just stayed red when trying to program. Connected the ignition wire and programmed first try.
shortcircuit161 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the super quick reply!! I believe it did stay on red maybe even a RED / orange. I had the ignition wire from the DBALL connected with the pink ignition wire of the remote starter and soldered to the blue ignition wire in the car. I didn't connect the ignition wire from the immobilizer itself to it. I also noticed that the XK05 setup doesn't use an ignition connection which I found strange. It only has the GWR in, power, ground and data.
shortcircuit161 
Posted: November 16, 2011 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
Any other ideas on this install? I'm checking all the connections this weekend. I will check all the ignition connections again and try another bypass unit as well (XK09). I would like this to work as well as the other installs i've done in the past.
Thanks again for everyone's help and time.
theghostman01 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
Repost yours results then !
ThE GhOsTmAn01
shortcircuit161 
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately I was not able to get any of the bypasses to learn the key code. I ended up using the valet key for immo bypass. I had already hardwired the locks in the door. Everything works great though!! I believe something may have changed from the 08-09 and the 2010. If someone else gets a 2010 to work with a DEI bypass, please let me know. Thanks to all who helped me and replied.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
wiring/software stayed the same, must have been a wiring issue.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
shortcircuit161 
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
I will admit I am by no means a master at these so I'm sure I didn't hook up something or hooked it up in the wrong place. Luckily I have the great support of everyone on the12volt and I have notes for every install to look back on. I am very happy I wired the locks directly in the door though since the locks won't work when ignition is engaged. Otherwise a simple install overall. I definitely know the next one will go great!!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
the door locks do work when ignition is on when wired in the door.
if you are using a data/can door lock module, some units dont work with the ignition on, but i have had great success with using fortin and idatalink pieces.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic