icon

python 5303p remote start, 03 f250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
andeyhall 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2011 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I have a 2003 Ford F250 with a 6.0L diesel that I'm wanting to install a remote start on.  The unit I have is the Python 5303P system and also the DMS250 smartstart gps add-on.  Is there anything besides the bitwriter that I need or need to know before I start?  How necessary is the bitwriter even?  I want to make sure I have everything in order before I start.  Also, I printed out the wire locations off of this website for my truck, but it says in two places to "refer to DirectFax document 1094" and "...DirectFax document 1091".  Where do I find these?
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2011 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
you dont NEED a bitwriter. you can still program all of your features via the valet/programming button. You will also need and authorized DEI dealer to activate your smart start
andeyhall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
Got a Python 3505P remote start/alarm system. Installed it myself today and can't get anything to work. The system I bought was brand new but didn't come with a remote, so I had to order that separately. I'm pretty positive I have everything wired correctly, but then again I'm not entire sure. I got relay wiring diagrams for the door locks from a ford forum and wired it exactly like it showed to the driver side door switch. The factory remote works and the driver door switch works, but when I hit the lock/unlock on the remote for the remote start, I only hear the internal relay inside the module clicking but nothing happens with the doors. However the LED indicator for the unit blinks each time I hit lock or unlock on the remote start remote. But when I hit the star or AUX button on the remote the LED indicator doesn't even acknowledge that I've hit a button and nothing happens.
I've tried going through all the setups and settings but nothing helps. Now I've done something to make the LED indicator stay on permanently and I can't get the Valet/Program switch to do anything else now. So I pull the fuse for the unit and am gonna let it sit overnight in hopes that it will reset itself. But is there something I have to do or something I can do to program the unit or remote to work properly? Is there something I'm missing or some sort of diagnostics I can run though to determine what's causing the issue?
Thanks in advance for any help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
The first question before anyone can help.....
Make, model, year please.
Second you now have it in valet mode, check owners guide.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2011 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  
Secondly what is a 3505P? I can't find a listing on the directed trade site.
andeyhall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2011 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Secondly what is a 3505P? I can't find a listing on the directed trade site.
It's going into a 2003 Ford F250 with a 6.0 diesel. Sorry I had my number's backward on the unit. It's the 5303P. If you go to Python's website it's listed as the 533.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2011 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
Since you are not entirely sure of the wiring connections, could you list what wires from the Python unit you have connected to what color wires on your truck.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2011 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
And we also need to know whether or not it has factory keyless entry, i.e. lock and unlock via a remote fob.
andeyhall 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2011 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
It is a factory keyless entry. Here's links to the install guide to my unit and the wiring diagram for my truck from bulldog security (my unit isn't from bulldog security, I just used them to get my truck wiring diagram):
Python 5303P Install Guide
F250 Wiring Diagrams (for this one you'll have to go to Ford, then find F-Series Super Duty and select 2002-2005)
So matching the install guide's wiring diagram with my truck's wiring diagram, here's how I hooked everything up:
Primary harness (H1), 12-pin connector
H1/1 -- don't have a trunk so I pulled it from the harness
H1/2 -- I did a fuse block for all my 12V constants to keep everything organized
H1/3 -- haven't worried about hooking up the siren yet
H1/4 -- empty/not used
H1/5 -- to ground
H1/6 -- wired to BLACK/ Light Blue in driver side kick panel
H1/7 -- wasn't sure what this was supposed to be...but it's not wired to anything
H1/8 -- my vehicle wiring diagrams didn't list a negative door trigger, so this isn't wired to anything
H1/9 -- was told on another forum not to bother with this one
H1/10 -- wired to the push button that came with the unit
H1/11 -- wired to brown in kick panel to parking lights
H1/12 -- was told not to bother with this one, but after reading, I'm kinda guessing it need to be wired...
I didn't even use the harness labeled "Auxiliary harness (H2), 6-pin connector" because I don't have any accessories yet.
Door lock harness, 3-pin connector
python 5303p remote start, 03 f250 -- posted image.
this is how I wired my door locks.
Remote start ribbon harness, wiring diagram
This is just a harness that plugs into the main module and then into the remote start heavy gauge relay.
Heavy gauge relay satellite wiring diagram
H/1 -- but green starter wire and wired to the end going to the starter
H/2 -- wire to the end going to the key switch
H/3 -- wired to fuse block
H/4 -- wired to Gray / YELLOW ACCESSORY /HEATER Blower 1 in ignition harness (confused though because I have 2 of these in my truck but only 1 accessory coming off the remote start)
H/5 -- wired to WHITE/ Yellow Ignition 1 in the ignition harness
H/6 -- wired to fuse block
H/7 -- wired to RED / Black Ignition 2 in the ignition harness
H/8 -- wired to fuse block
The weird thing about this harness was that when I went to hook it up, this was not the order of the wires. The first 4 were in this order, but the last 4 were kinda mixed up.
Remote start harness, (H3) 5-pin connector
H3/1 -- just have it ground out for now (it is trying to sense a ground right?)
H3/2 -- wired to Light GREEN / WHITE tach wire (I know this is right)
H3/3 -- wired to the Light Green at the brake pedal switch
H3/4 -- just have it ground out for now (it is trying to sense a ground right?)
H3/5 -- not used
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
NOTE #2: Vehicles without FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY are a TYPE "C" Door Locking system, the PINK / YELLOW is for LOCK and the PINK/LIGHT GREEN is for UNLOCK both wires are found in EITHER KICK PANEL, you MUST use the DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH for TESTING. if vehicle is equipped with FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY the Door Locks are a TYPE "B" System, the LOCK is a WHITE/ RED (-) and the UNLOCK is a BLACK/ WHITE (-) both wires are found at the VSM or in the DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS between the door and the door jam. You MAY also need to connect up the GEM WAKE UP DIAGRAM if when you use the REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY and the door locks stop working after a 5 minute.
Did you read the above note on that site you gave. According to what you said tou have factory keyless entry and dont need relays.
Take H3/4 off ground. Should solve your no start issue
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic