icon

avistart sets off factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimmygunz3 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2011 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 00 xterra and when I remote start it when the doors are locked the factory alarm goes off. If I hit the unlock button on the remote then I can remote start it. Is there a setting in the program that when I remote start, it will unlock and lock automatic. If not what do I have to do to make it right
eanderson651 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2011 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
It looks like the 2000 Xterra disarms the alarm via unlock.  You need to set the remote start unit to unlock before remote starting.  On DEI units you can program it that way.  I'm not sure off hand if you can program it to do that with the valet switch or if you need a bit writer.  This is why the car works fine after hitting the unlock, that triggers the alarm to disarm.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2011 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
disarm to unlock(diode isolated), and negative starter output to lock(diode isolated).
Problem solved.
Actually I think on those trucks one pulse disarms, and double pulse unlocks/disarms right? If so then all you need to do is hook disarm to your unlock wire.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic