icon

need assistance compustar cm6200 f150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Will not work with only one working key. Me being a compustar guy the only way I know of to do a ford with only one key is by using a blade-al and using fm3 firmware then having idatalinks website decode the info with there KLON process
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
you will only need one key for this bypass module.
Looking at the 4pin connector from the back side, with the push connector facing up, the far left pin to the right is TX,RX,IGN,Ground.
PURPLE / white to RX pin 2
yellow/black to TX pin 1
Blue to compustar black gwr
yellow to ignition pin3
program:
hold black button, insert black 4pin cable, insert remaining white cable, release programming button.
insert key and turn onto ignition, wait for security light in dash to turn off and remove key. put key back in and turn onto ignition, wait for light in cluster to turn off, remove key and start vehicle by remote starting. wait for it to flash 10times and its ready.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

Agree with Ted.  Keep trying with the Fortin piece.  Black Connector 1 first, followed very quickly by Connector 2.  Also try the manual trans method by jumping +12v to the Ignition wire.

Your wire colors / connections are correct.  Only need one key for that year F-150 ( PATS1 ).

While I have not used it on that year F-150, the DEI 1100F should work.  It is listed in the install guide.

Soldering is fun!
danspeed1 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2011 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  

tedmond wrote:
you will only need one key for this bypass module.
Looking at the 4pin connector from the back side, with the push connector facing up, the far left pin to the right is TX,RX,IGN,Ground.
PURPLE / white to RX pin 2
yellow/black to TX pin 1
Blue to compustar black gwr
yellow to ignition pin3
program:
hold black button, insert black 4pin cable, insert remaining white cable, release programming button.
insert key and turn onto ignition, wait for security light in dash to turn off and remove key. put key back in and turn onto ignition, wait for light in cluster to turn off, remove key and start vehicle by remote starting. wait for it to flash 10times and its ready.

Ted, that is my exact setup.  I spent 4 hours on the phone with Fortin and this unit refuses to accept the code.

The light comes on; no matter how many times we tried we could not get it to flash 10 times. 

I see you did not mention the first harness (the black one).  They told me red goes to a 12volt constant and black goes to ground.  Are their any other wires they are forgetting to tell me to connect, or is their an alternate way to hook this thing up?

DG

1971 Chevelle SS
1989 Corvette
1996 Impala SS
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2011 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
red is constant 12v, black is ground.
try this, switch the tx/rx wires and try to reprogram.
sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
if it does not work, check to see if the bypass has been locked.
Unplug all connections.
Press and hold the programming button
Plug in black 4pin connector
LED remains off - module is NOT locked, will still program
LED flashes - the module is locked and will NOT accept programming
Ted
Compustar Expert
danspeed1 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
red is constant 12v, black is ground.
try this, switch the tx/rx wires and try to reprogram.
sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
if it does not work, check to see if the bypass has been locked.
Unplug all connections.
Press and hold the programming button
Plug in black 4pin connector
LED remains off - module is NOT locked, will still program
LED flashes - the module is locked and will NOT accept programming
Tried everything above... module is unlocked however will still not accept programming and will not flash 10 times at the end. Any other ideas?
1971 Chevelle SS
1989 Corvette
1996 Impala SS
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2011 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Agree with Ted.  Keep trying with the Fortin piece.  Black Connector 1 first, followed very quickly by Connector 2.  Also try the manual trans method by jumping +12v to the Ignition wire.

Did you try it this way at Step 8a?

Soldering is fun!
danspeed1 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2011 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  

That I did not try.  Let me try it and post back with my results. 

DG

1971 Chevelle SS
1989 Corvette
1996 Impala SS
tedmond 
Posted: December 04, 2011 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
i have a feeling there is a problem with the ignition wire from the bypass to the vehicle.
you can try what kreg mentioned and manually jump the ign wire, or just power on the ign to the bypass manually.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic