icon

2004 gmc canyon remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
i just finished installing a pro start remote starter and ads-dl bypass. the truck will remote start and everything there works fine. my problem is when i remote start the truck the headlights flash on and off and the instrument cluster is also going crazy. i've double checked all the wiring and it's all according to the ads install guide...the only wire that has been different with my reearch has been the power, according to install companion 5, it says to use the orange wires at the BCM (black connector pin b5 & b8...which they are a constant 12 volts...but i'm seeing others saying to do straight to the battery.   i know these vehicles have there known electrical issues and voltage difference's can make them act up.  i'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or know something about it...thanks in advance.
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

Never had any issues with the Colorado / Canyon.  I use Ultra Start and the ADS DL module and always go directly to the battery for power ( they have nice little metric stud posts that you can add the R/S power wires with terminal lugs on to ).   Here is a picture of the Ignition / Passlock2 wires that are needed :

2004 gmc canyon remote starter -- posted image.

This location under the dash and on the firewall is easier than in the steering column.

Soldering is fun!
stang351w 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2011 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
alright, thanks, i've already got all the wiring done and it does remote start and does all that properly.  just the lights flash and instrument cluster goes crazy... i'm going to run a direct power wire to the battery and see if that helps...that seems to be the only thing left that's of any question.  I know that if i didn't have the passlock wires , ign, or acc connected right then the truck wouldn't start with the remote start...so it leaves just the power or the bypass module itself
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
stang351w 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2011 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
just wanna say thanks again for the input. I relocated the power wire direct to the battery and everything is working great...my note book also just got thicker on this job to lol
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic