icon

2009 honda accord, remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snaoum 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Well the RS I am using is an Audiovox APS901.  It does not do trunk, and it does not have a lock, arm, unlock and disarm wires.  I have pulsed ground before start, pulsed ground during start, ground after start and after shutdown. 
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
According to one of your links, the lock,unlock, arm and disarm are in the drivers kick.  Reason for me purchasing the CAN was to not go into the door.  Now since my RS does not have disarm and arm wires as mentioned before and I do no see arm and disarm on the CAN paperwork, I can take the pulsed ground before start out of the RS and connect that to unlock on the CAN, take the pulsed ground during start from the RS and connect that to the lock on the CAN.  What about arm/disarm? 
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
arm and disarm is done via data. you just need to have the igniton wire from the bypass connected to the car.
when the cansl2 senses signal from the STATUS it will send codes through CAN to disarm the car. hook the REarm to the loc kon the can-sl2
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

Ok to clarify this is how I will make the connections.

HONDA SL3

12v, ground, and gwr. Data wire for bypass

CAN SL2

12v, ground (these i will connect together with honda sl3) gwr, the two data wires, lock from RS to lock of can, unlock from RS to unlock of can.

Am I missing anything?  Audiovox has no trunk so I will skip that.  It does have ground pulsed after shutdown which I may wire to the Accord's rear defrost not sure yet.

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
the defrost is a constant (-) 8 min trigger.
using the ground pulse after shutdown wont work. even if that was a mistake and you meant to say ground pulse after running.
Ted
Compustar Expert
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
I ment after shutdown I will use that to turn off auto headlights. After start for defrost.
tedmond 
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
okay.
however as i mentioned, the pulse after start wont work to turn on your defrost. it is a latched (-) which can be your status or third acc (-)
Ted
Compustar Expert
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
Out of curiousity I have heard and read that the to do door locks I would have to go inside the door (if not using CAN) however there is a link on this site that has the wiring info and it says driver's kick.  I find this to be misleading and not sure which one is right, driver's kick, inside the door but both places it can be done.  Like I said I am just curious, I am going to be using a CAN module so I dont need to worry.
tedmond 
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
the door locks are inside the driver door, it is sent from the window switch module to the inside of the car via data.
the fortin wiring guide as i posted states in the driver kick panel, but its really not there.
you can get locks inside the car, but its a PITA to get to. When i did my car, i dug for it in the dash area. Same colours as inside the door, but very hard to get access to.
Ted
Compustar Expert
snaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know which wire is the "lights off" in the steering colomn? What color?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic