the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 cobalt, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2012 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Luckily its coming to me this time so I'll have full use of my resources. I'll try reflashing it with the GM2 firmware and go through the programming again. That plug looks exactly like the one in the car (from what I can remember)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
no need to connect the start wire. Only vehicles with the start wire requires the connection.
make sure you power acc and ign at the ignition switch and not the BCM @ dkp.
reflash the idatalink module with the GM2 as kregs mentioned, that's the actual correct firmware for that vehicle. one other thing to note: make sure you correctly wire the passlock wire (car vs switch side)
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
I have a feeeling it is firmware related. Granted I was doing the install in about 10*F weather so my brain may not have been functioning very well, but I went through all of the connections and I'm 90% sure they are good. I'll let you know how I make out tonight.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
Success. Sure enough I plugged the bypass into the computer and it was the GM1 firmwared. Updated the firmware, did a system reset, and sure enough it programmed like a charm. The only thing I had to change was driver priority. I originally turned it off (thinking it would unlock all on 1 press) but it ended up throwing it all off. 1 press did nothing, 2nd press did driver door, 3rd press did all doors... lol. So I turned priority unlock back on and everything was great. Started up, tach learned, unlock worked, lock worked, factory alarm arms/disarms, trunk release works, brake input works.
Thanks for the help guys!
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
compustar + idatalink blade = pricey, but the best total integration solution. 2008 cobalt, alarm/remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.
Ted
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
That would be my choice now, but the original install was done before I was able to get compustars. I think I've used the blade bypasses on every car that needed one since I started doing compustars.. lol
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Posted: January 31, 2012 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
are you using the TB or the AL?
Ted
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Posted: February 01, 2012 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  
Depends. Because I don't physically stock anything, if the car is not data for anything but immobilizer I use the TB (cheaper). If it is data controlled convenience then I fork out the extra few bucks for the AL. Either way, I love them... lol. I'm very anal when it comes to wire management and the blade modules make it so much easier. Its 1 less item to try and tuck away. Now I just can't wait til the CM7000 so I don't have to keep stuffing extra relays for any 2nd ignition/accessory/starter...haha.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic