icon

2000 audi a4 1.8t quattro rs bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xchrisx 
Copper - Posts: 197
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2011 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
so a valet key will have the chip in it too? so i can just use the valet key in the bypass?
bp
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
precisely
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Don't you love running around in circles Ted?
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Don't you love running around in circles Ted?
howie although I appreciate your previous help, it is just that...help. Forums are here for that as well, so If you don't want to help anymore, then don't comment. I would like to be sure about something before proceeding and/or buying it. So a snide comment such as the above isn't helpful nor appreciative, so either post something that is of assistance or relevant, or don't post anything, but please don't condescend others in search of assistance.
bp
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
We've gone two pages here and you haven't even started! If you went to a shop they would throw you out.
You seem to have a bee in your bonnet that you can do this "on the cheap", well good luck but as Tedmond would probably point out to you there ain't too many here...me apart who've worked on them.
I've given you straight, lucid and to the point answers and now many posts later you seem to have realised what I was getting at.
If you don't want to benefit from my experience, 20+ A3 and A4 well there you go.
Sorry as the moderators here well know I don't do stupidity.
xchrisx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
howie, I'm not even going to stoop to your level and argue...as previously mentioned, if you're not here to help, then don't respond with anything, and that goes for anyone who tries to condescend others. Regardless, thanks for the help guys, I got it from here.
bp
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
That's the whole point, help is me passing on my experience, yes I tried to do the chip thing with VW keys about 10 years ago after I was warned. My experience is what tells you not to but if you don't want to listen.....
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
NOTE to Howie II: I just did a Audi A4 (2004) and a 556UW will NOT work! You need a TBXKEY because it has the option for a 60 windings (euro style immobiliser) versus a 18 windings American style immobiliser!
thetopinstaller
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
Thought the 556UW had that option.  This excerpt from the 556UW dated N556U 09/04.
Jumper Settings
The 556U is shipped with the jumper set in a 60 winding position (mode 2). For most applications this should
be the optimal setting. Moving the jumper will set the 556U to work off of a 18 winding position (mode 1). You
may use the 18 winding for American and Asian vehicles, but for European vehicles the 60 winding setting is
required. Mode 2 jumper position will be more sensitive to picking up the key vice mode 1 jumper position.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
X 2 with Kreg, but not only that, I never had to change the jumper position.
You might have a problem if you try to use the loop as I've stated here many, many times.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic