the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 hyundai, viper 5101 wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry I don't have a diagram. I'm on my droid right now so I can't make one. But I use the blue/black for lock,pink for factory disarm,gray/black for unlock then from the unlock wire I go to the back if the fuse box and there is a yellow/black wire in the middle connector pin 2 that I tie the unlock wire to. I use the diode to keep the circuits separate. The yellow/black according to the kia shop manual is the 2 turn unlock relay control. The wire is open when locked and grounded when the key is turned twice in the drivers door. This is how ive always done the new kias so the locks work after the car is armed. I started doing these before there was info on them and this it what I found worked for me. one good thing about working for a kia dealer I have all the factory wiring diagrams. I had this problem originaly on a kia soul when they first came out took me 2 days to figure it out. Same with the slight starter grind on key take over that the forte and soul both do need to open the acc wire wuth a relay and GWR to stop thec grind.   Fun times do you have that sheet from directed I've never seen it
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
I'm on my mobile device too I'll post it when I get to a pc.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
ieetgluu 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

Ive got some spare 6amp rectifier diodes, one of these should work, right?

Thanks

ieetgluu 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

chev104275 wrote:
If there the same as the kia sorento you need to tie that wire with you're vipers unlock wire through a diode band facing remote start system. To test it put you're black lead to ground and you're red lead to the suspect wire. There should be 12v at rest then when you turn the key in the drivers door to unlock 2 times that wire should show ground for a second. I do this to all the newer kias because of that problem

Im a bit confused here after re-reading. chev, in your first response you mention that I need to tie "that" wire into the viper unlock wire. I assume "that" wire is the lock detection wire I had mentioned.   (continued on next post) 

ieetgluu 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

chev104275 wrote:
I just looked up the wiring for both the kia and the Hyundai.it shows the same wiring they both mention that lock detection wire I've never used it and never had an issue. I've done dozens of the new sorentos just using the yellow/black in the back of the fuse box diode isolated from the unlock wire like I said in my above post. If you look in the pictorials I have one for the sorento

Then you mention in your next response that youve never used the lock detection wire and never have an issue. You then talk about some yellow/black wire that you diode isolate from the unlock wire. Im thrown off. What is the yellow/black wire you mention? And the door sticker says made by Kia motors which explains a bit  :)

And as for the 'pictorial', where would that be?

Thanks for helping me figure this out.

chev104275 
Posted: January 14, 2012 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ok sorry I've never used the gray lock detection wire you and tedmond refered to. The yellow/black wire I was talking about controls the drivers door unlock and wakes the locks up. Its in the middle connector in the back of the fuse box pin 2 take a wire through a diode band facing remote start and connect it from the gray/black unlock wire to the yellow/black and that takes care of locks . I get both locks and factory alarm disarm in the front of the fuse box bottom left connector. I just finished 2 this morning. Did them both this way.    As far as the pictoral go back to the main forum screen right above the link to this one there is one that says pictorals
ieetgluu 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks, I found the pictorial too. So I need to join the current unlock connection(viper(blue or green) to vehicle(gray/black)) with that yellow/black via diode. Will this make the viper fob still unlock all doors? And do I need to set the unlock to double pulse to simulate the key turning twice?
chev104275 
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
Yes it will unlock all the doors I dont set to double pulse. I thought the same thing but for some reason it works. If you lock the doors then take that yellow/black wire and touch it to ground once it will unlock the drivers door. The blue should be your unlock from the viper. So use the blue to the gray/black and from there to the yellow/black and you should be good
ieetgluu 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
Awesome, thank you again. I think I had the polarities of the viper lock wires wrong as I had to switch them after installation. Its funny how the pics in your pictorial are almost identical to the Sante Fe. I didnt know at the time of installation that the ignition wires were where you showed them on the fuse box. I figured some of them were there, but was thrown off by them not all being together on one harness like they come off of the ignition switch itself. Instead I struggled to tie into the wires that came off of the ignition switch harness near the center of the car. They seem to go up into the center dash from there... what a pain it was, literally.
chev104275 
Posted: January 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
The sorento with keys has the ingition in the column not the dash so even going to the switch isnt bad. Switch the polarities ? They should be negitive
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic