icon

f 350 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
808gmac 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
Installed clifford 4112x in a 2002 f 350 7.3L manual transmission w/o factory keyless entry . After installation I couldn't get it to operate in manual mode,  switched to auto mode and worked fine, tried to set manual mode it would get 7 flashes . Could the door input \ light delay have anything to do with it not working properly? What am I overlooking?  

Also, having issues with power door locks, installed on pk/grn and pk/yel wires and didn't work ,looked at wiring diagram and noticed wires grounded at rest position, door lock output is neg switching, so I had to install relays to lock and unlock the doors however, they had to be tied into pk/bk and pk/og  in l/s kick panel between switch and actuators only to have only the l/f door lock operate with keyless entry and all doors operate with door switch. Do I have to tie it into the right side kick panel too?

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
As far as the door locks you need to 5 wire the pink/green and pink / YELLOW wires if you need a diagram look at the top under relays. Did you hook up door trigger? I've never done a Clifford system but I'm pretty sure you need door trigger to enter manual mode
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

if it works in Auto tranny mode that says NSS and valet switch are ok.... sounds like you are not properly getting it into "ready mode"   is NSS hooked to E-Brake???  it wont go into ready mode if you just grounded it like in Auto mode....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
808gmac 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

Neutral safety switch wire is tied into e-brake, what is the correct ready procedure in manual mode? Tried left eng. running set braking brake,release brake,press remote start button, 7 flashes, remove key and vehicle dies out.

On power lock, it doesn't work on pk\grn and pk\yelin l\s kick panel, pk\blk and pk\org only works drivers door,other 3 doors won't work with keyless remote.

Door trigger is tied to blk\bl wire in l\h kick panel, it has a delay when you close the door, does that affect "ready mode"?

dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have a tach wire run in the truck?  In order to initiate manual mode, there must be a tach signal hardwired to the vehicle and programmed to the remote start.
Advanced
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2011 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
I just did one last week. Where are you tagging the lock wires and how did you test them? How did your wire your relays ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
808gmac 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2011 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  

I have the tach wire connected to the tach output from pcm the grn\wht wire @ passthru near e-brake and set to sense voltage, if i have it disconnected the starter grinds\stays engaged when the eng starts. Does the tach wire need to be tied into the CMP wire @ PCM  pin21 (grn wire)

I have the lock and unlock relays wired 5-wire alternating positive cut between pk\blk and pk\og in l\kick panel. Tried pk\grn and pk\ye didn't work.

808gmac 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  

I have the tach wire connected to the tach output from pcm the grn\wht wire @ passthru near e-brake and set to sense voltage, if i have it disconnected the starter grinds\stays engaged when the eng starts. Does the tach wire need to be tied into the CMP wire @ PCM  pin21 (grn wire)

I have the lock and unlock relays wired 5-wire alternating positive cut between pk\blk and pk\og in l\kick panel. Tried pk\grn and pk\ye didn't work.

808gmac 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
tried installing tach input to grn wire pin21 @pcm same wire as pin 39 on connector @ l\h v\cover, switch to tachometer signal,followed MTS procedure, eng. running,set braking brake verify light on,press and release brake pedal,press start button on remote,wait 20 sec.,press and release brake again,parking lights won't flash, and go to remove key and vehicle dies.still flashes 7 flashes

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic