icon

2007 rav4 locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
USMC Vet 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Base model,2007 RAV4. R/S works fine, the door locks do too as long as the door is open.When the door is open you can lock/unlock the doors just fine. Shut the door and it will lock, but NO unlock. Pink and black wires are the colors I used in the kick panel,12 pin plug. Can one of you professionals guide me in the right direction ? Thanks !
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
Did you try double pulse from the starter to unlock???

USMC Vet 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
R/S start unit only has single pulse.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
What model r/s do you have? Most have an option in the programming menu for double pulse unlock. Its very rare to find one that doesn't because there are quite a few cars that require a double pulse to unlock. The only other way would possibly be to do it through a relay setup, but it won't be easy.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
USMC Vet 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Don't laugh now,it's a Ready Remote 23927 made by Design Tech which is now owned by DEI I believe. So would having the door open come into play?,Remote lock/unlock work great. But shut the door,it will lock,but not unlock.  The lock and unlock  is 400mA output on the R/S unit-2 outputs of course.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
From what I can find, it looks like you are stuck wiring up your own double pulse system... which may be a pain. I'll see if I can find something to help you out...
What wires are you using for the locks? According to DEI, you have to go into the driver's door and use the factory alarm arm/disarm wires. The wires in the kick panel are only used if the factory alarm wires do not function the locks while the vehicle is running. But the disarm/unlock still requires a double pulse to unlock. My only guess would be that MAYBE you can pulse both the disarm and the driver kick panel unlock at the same time... but thats a long shot.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Here is a link to the double pulse relay setup. Like I said, it won't be easy... lol
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page4.asp#95max
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
USMC Vet 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
I went by the 2008 wiring and the lock I used is pink and the unlock I used is black at 12 plug-driver kick panel,pin 4 and 9 I believe.  Bulldogs 2007 wiring says something different for the lock and unlock wires. What does lght.blue to blue mean ? The wire color changes after the plug on one side or the other ?  Thanks !!!
offroadzj 
Posted: December 26, 2011 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Usually if it says A to B then the colors change. Here is the info from DEI:
Factory Alarm Arm      blue (driver door key cylinder)      -      driver kick, white 12 pin plug, pin 4     
Factory Alarm Disarm      pink (driver door key cylinder)      double -      driver kick, white 12 pin plug, pin 9     
Power Lock      pink      -      driver kick, white 12 pin plug, pin 3
Note: This wire is only needed if the door locks do not function with the aftermarket system while the vehicle is running. All other times just use the factory alarm arm wire.

Power Unlock      black      -      driver kick, white 12 pin plug, pin 8
Note: This wire is only needed if the door locks do not function with the aftermarket system while the vehicle is running. All other times just use the factory alarm disarm wire.

After re-reading it, I realized that they are all in the driver kick. I originally read the "driver door key cylinder" and at quick look thought it said thats where it was.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2011 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
Key sense required?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic