the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

07 saturn vue, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
is the yellow wire just simply connected to the passlock? Normally the passlock wire has to be cut with 2 wires connecting to each side. On mine I think it was WHITE/ red and WHITE/ black iirc.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
sigepkat1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, it's just connected, not cut. Judging from the diagram (type 2), it's just supposed to be tapped. I see where on some of the other diagrams it's a cut and splice, but this one looks like it's just a tap.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
I believe you are correct, I was going off the cobalt I did.. my mistake.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

i'm doing an 07 Vue this morning with the same module... i'll let you know if i run into any issues.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  

what a PITA this thing was..... there is a "special" programming sequence that needs to be followed.... my LED went green on the module but it tripped the anti-theft tamper mode every time i tried to RS it.....

you may need to -  select install type (1 or 2)... THEN get in it, close the door, start the vehicle, make sure the domelight is out, wait until all the warning lamps on the dash go out, AND THEN connect the pink ign wire on the idata to Ign..... this will allow it to learn properly....

they also tell me if you try to test it afterwards with the domelight on or with the door open it will go into "tamper mode"..... wth??

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
sigepkat1 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2011 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Tried your method Kevin, still just getting the red light...I've got a new module on the way, so I'll try that and see if anything happens. Will let you know.
sigepkat1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Finally got a new module, installed it, it programmed, but it still won't start the damn car. Door locks work but when you hit the RS, the dash lights up, all of the RS wires send out the proper signals, but nothing happens. Does anyone know of a way to test the bypass to make sure it's bypassing?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
check the dash. If the security light flashes its still a bypass issue.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
sigepkat1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
This thing is about to get pushed out into traffic...When I hit the remote start on the clicker, the dash lights up like it does when I start it with the key. But it's still not turning over. The wires coming off the RS are lighting up like they should (ig., acc., etc.)...the module is "saying" it's programmed right. Ideas?
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
You really should be doing dei tech doc 1048 on these vehicles. I thought this was a pretty known issue. These along with equinox's, ions, and many others.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic