icon

2004 dodge ram 1500, python 574

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
seanw727 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Also, when i plug in the alarm box/module, my door buzzer starts beeping as if my door was open, however it wont do it when its unplugged... I tested and double tested every wire and took the better part of two days to install this. I took my time and thought i had it all right. Sometimes it wont do the flickering and everything acts fine. But that was only once or twice...
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you ground the unit to? Have you tried pressing unlock on the remote after plugging it in to see if it is the alarm in the aftermarket alarm going off?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
I grouneded it to another factory ground on the left kick panel... Should i ground it somewhere else by itself? Arm/Disarm makes no difference in how its acting unfortunately.
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Also, just realized that all of my gauge lights are staying illuminated when i plug the module in. Wether the vehicle is on or off the lights on the gauges and on my light switch are staying on. Could i have tapped into the wrong wire?
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like a bad ground issue. Did you put its own ring terminal on it or did you just tap into a factory ground? Also check your battery terminals for corrosion and to make sure they are tight. You may also want to do a drop test on your battery (either bring it to be tested or disconnect your ignition and fuel pump so the trunk won't start, and crank the engine for a few seconds to watch your battery voltage).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
ok, well i cut the white wire on the 6 pin harness... and it fixed my problem for the most part. Now when i turn my headlight switch to the parking light position.... my fog lights come on with my parking lights, without me pulling my switch out...
Still no unlock feature though.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
How did you connect your parking lights. If I remember correctly that truck needs a ground through a resistor to activate the parking lights and you MUST use a relay to isolate it from the switch. If you did not use a relay to isolate it there is a slight chance you may have damaged your light switch or possibly even the unit itself.
Remind me, what exactly is the unlock doing/not doing and how do you have it connected currently?
Edit: I looked back in your original post. The door locks MUST use a relay as well. The ground output of the alarm is not strong enough to drive the locks through the resistor.
I would start by completely disconnecting everything from your parking light wire to return it to factory and see if the switch returns to working properly. If not you may have damaged the switch, and hopefully just the switch. If it starts working properly then you can go back into it and connect the relay as follows:
Pin 85 to ground (or 12v constant if alarm parking light output is (-))
Pin 86 to alarm Parking light output (+)
Pin 30 to car side of cut parking light wire
Pin 87a to switch side of cut parking light wire
Pin 87 to ground through resistor (I want to say its 180ohm but check that to be sure)
Then once you get that working you need to get a DEI 451m relay pack. It will plug into your door lock output connetor and then connect the remaining wires as follows
Violet/Black - Ground
Blue/Black - lock/unlock wire through unlock resistor
GREEN/ Black - lock/unlock wire through lock resistor
WHITE/ Black - no connection
BROWN / Black - no connection
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all of your help. Ill pick up a few more relays tomorrow and go from there. Keep running out of daylight here after work.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
If you can't get your hands on a DEI 451m you can do it with 2 4 pin relays. But the parking light relay MUST be a 5 pin.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
after reading many reviews the dei 457c is a comnplete piece of junk that almost never works. IS that you you recommended the 451m ... and i can get it but it wont be here for a few days. After buying 4-5 relays would it be cheaper just to buy one of those all in one modules... such as the dball?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic