the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 dodge ram 1500, python 574

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2012 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
You may want to look into the idatalink bypass. It will need to be connected w2w but thats usually preferred over data anyways. But it also incorporates a few extra data-bus options. If you go with the DB-ALL just make sure you get it programmed with the right firmware for your truck. If you go with idatalink, look into the ADS-ALSL CH. It should come pre-programmed with the proper firmware. The ADS will give you outputs for brake pedal, tach, door status, factory arm/disarm, lock/unlock, and immobilizer. Although I'm sure you've made most of those connection already anyways, if you switch out to a new bypass you will probably be pretty much starting over anyways.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. Do i need a bitwriter to program all of the features on this? I thought it was able to be done with the remote by geting it into a certain mode. Im confused on how to program it properly.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it can be done manually. You have more options with the BitWriter but it is not required. The install manual should give you the exact procedure... I'm not 100% sure how to do it on that one.
How did you make out with the other issues? I'm assuming everything is working since you are getting ready to program???
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
Well i think part of my unlock issue is the fact that it needs a double pulse instead of a single pulse to unlock. And i hooked up all of my remote start features and im getting an error. Remote Start Error (7 Flashes) Manual start mode??? But , when i try to program with my remote it doesnt work properly. I've followed the instructions. Is the control button the one where the blue light is... or is it the F button on the remote? Ithought f would stand for function.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
the control button is the one on the antenna. You door locks will require a relay if I'm not mistaking. The ground signal out of the unit is not strong enough to trigger the locks through the resistors. Did you get your parking lights figured out?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry i work 12 hours shifts from thursday-sunday and dont have time to work on the truck during these days. So im back at it today. As far as the parking lights go i did not get it hooked up properly yet, from what i understand if i go from the switch i have to go the relay/resistor route. but apparently theres a + under the hood somewhere i that i can tap into? Possibly into the relay itself. However there is 2 wires for parking lights a white and a WHITE/ brown... Which one goes where... Thanks again.
Sean
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
H1/4 WHITE/ BROWN PARKING LIGHT ISOLATION WIRE - PIN 87a of onboard relay
H1/5 WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT
I originally had these hooked up wrong, i had h1/5 (white) hooked to a negative at the switch which is how i did indeed fry my switch (already replaced everything works properly now).... However, need to get these hooked up properly. Thanks,
Sean.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry... I didn't realize that the unit you had had the isolation wire. You will want to cut your factory parking light wire at the switch, connect the WHITE/ brown to the switch side; white to the parking light side; then insert the proper resistor into the module where the parking light fuse jumper normally is. Make sure to put the resistor along the 2 connectors for (-) parking light output.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks man ill give that a shot now.
seanw727 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hey that worked perfectly. Thanks for the advice. I think i figured out my remote start problem too, because its manual i forgot that i have to follow the remote start procedure. Im going to go give that a shot now. Hopefully it works.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic