icon

prostart ct 3371, 2000 town and country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trembuzz 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2012 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  

I tried to get through the hood release grommet from outside in but it binds up before I can see any coat hanger coming through. I'll take a closer under the dash look when it's a bit warmer. My toes are frozen!  LOL.

Thanks again,

Trembuzz

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2012 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  

A little shot of WD-40 on the hanger works wonders.   prostart ct 3371, 2000 town and country  - Page 2 -- posted image.

Had a heated garage for my mobile install today.  prostart ct 3371, 2000 town and country  - Page 2 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
trembuzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2012 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

Nice! A buddy's got access to a heated garage on Tues. so if I don't get it done by then we'll take it in there!

I've got the knee bolster and plate off already so as soon as I get the tach wire through the rest should be a piece of cake.

Have a good one now ya hear?

Trembuzz

trembuzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  

Just to let you know that all went well and the unit works well thanks to your guidance.

I have a chance to buy an Ultra Start Model # U-1355A. I'd like to put it in another Chrysler mini-van of mine. A 1996 Grand Caravan SE and was wondering if you've had any experience with this model or brand. I'd appreciate any feedback you could offer!

Thank you,

Trembuzz

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  

Glad the install went well.  prostart ct 3371, 2000 town and country  - Page 2 -- posted image.  Of course once the family and friends find out.............  prostart ct 3371, 2000 town and country  - Page 2 -- posted image.

Ultra Start makes a solid unit with easy programming and enough programming options to cover most installs.  My favorite

is the U1272 series for basic remote start / keyless entry.  They can be had for around $50.  Never used the Ultra Start
1355A model.  They haven't made them for a few years.  Should be a good unit for your application.  Just connect the tach
wire to the coil pack for reliable cold weather starts.

The 1996 Caravan should be pretty easy.  Don't think it has a transponder immobilizer ( U.S. ones didn't ) but check to see

if the ignition key is black or gray.  Gray ones need a transponder bypass.  The van uses a one wire door lock system.  You
will need relays and resistors to interface it.  Best thing is a DEI 451M door lock module ( $12 ).  Comes with the relays in a
compact module and the resistor assortment .  Here is a link to the 451M install guide :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=726
Here is a diagram for the 1996 Caravan one wire system  :
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_TOWN-&-COUNTRY_CHRYSLER%20MINI%20VAN%2096%20-%2000%20%201%20WIRE%20JBS%20UNITS.pdf

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
in canada we have the immobilizer.
buy yourself a fortin INT-SL (cheap module) this will handle lock/unlock disarm, sliding doors, trunk, etc.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
trembuzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, I told all who know that I installed an RS not to tell anyone!

We'll see how that goes. The RS I was going to get got sold before I had a chance so I'll look for that U1272 that you mentioned.

Later, Trembuzz

trembuzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the input tedmund.

I got a local stereo shop to make the resistors I needed for my 1st install as they didn't have the ohms rated ones that I needed. The '96 Caravan is a less expensive model and I can pick up the resistors off the shelf. I have a bunch of relays that I need to get rid of anyway so I'll just build me another module. But thanks just the same.

Trembuzz

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
You still require a bypass module. If you use the int sl it only takes an hour to install everything.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
trembuzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

OK.

Thank you.

Trembuzz

Page of 4