icon

autostart 7 flashes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxcat 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2011 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

hi guys, have a buddy that just bought a vehicle with what appears to be an older 4 button autostart. lock and unlock buttons still work but the vehicle park lights flash 7 times upon presssing the start button. tried to look up the diagnostics on the autostart site, found almost everything BUT 7 flashes. Just wondering if this might be valet mode or tach lockout or maybe it needs a 2 button start sequence.

If anyone happens to know what the 7 flash error code means or has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2011 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
It depends on the model of the unit. Do you have a model number? Some of the Autostart manuals I've seen show 3 flashes as being a tach issue.
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2011 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Is it installed on an automatic or manual trans vehicle?
maxcat 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  

I dont yet have a model #, the vehicle is an automatic. I also looked for a valet switch as I know some of the old autostarts had a small toggle switch for  valet.

thanks for the reply I will keep digging

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic