icon

07 dodge ram 3500 viper 5501 idatalink

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swatter101 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
So I just got back from the audio store with the flashed module.
The door locks work but remote start won't still. Still just the clicking sound and no cranking
Any thoughts?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

The clicking sound might be the parking light relay in the Viper.  It could be blinking out an error code.  Try connecting a +12V test light to the Parking Light output wire with the internal fuse/jumper set to (+) and count the blinks.  Lots of possibilities.

Did you verify that the Viper's D2D jumpers are in the horizontal position? 

Did you set the Viper to Tach Mode and do the Tach Learn process?

Did you connect the neutral safety wire to the EBrake or chassis ground?

Did you plug in the Neutral Safety Switch harness and set the switch to ON?

Did you program the Viper for a fixed Wait to Start time or connect the Wait to Start input wire to a valid source?

Soldering is fun!
swatter101 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
The jumpers are set to horizontal.
I haven't set the tach mode. Wasn't sure if I had to do it first to make the remote start work.
The neutral wire is connected to the chassis ground.
The neutral switch is plugged in and set to on.
I didn't program the viper for the wait to start or connected to the wire, was going to program it after I got it working.
So I guess I have a couple thing to try tomorrow.
Do the +12v sources have to be directly to the battery? Would it effect anything if they weren't?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

I usually fuse them down to 10 Amps and connect to a thick gauge +12V constant wire in the drivers kick panel.  There isn't a lot of current flow to the R/S & bypass in this application.  But the ADS AL CA needs to see the Vipers Starter output signal.

Definitely worth while to do the Shutdown Diagnostics.  It will point you in the right direction.

Soldering is fun!
swatter101 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Shutdown diagnostics?
So on the h3 harness i just hook up the 2 +12v wires and the ignition to the bypass ign wires? I don't have to do the starter and access wire right? The mux wire takes care of all that?
kreg357 
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

No.

The Viper R/S has two thick gauge wire connections to the iDatalink ADS AL CA bypass module. 

The H3/1 Ignition wire connects to two wires on the bypass, one thru a 1N4001 diode. ( follow the Type 3 guide ).
The H3/4 Starter wire connects to the bypass Black /White wire. ( shown on the right side of the Type 3 diagram )

Here is a link to the Viper 5501 Install Guide :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=967  See Page 58 for shutdown diags.

Soldering is fun!
swatter101 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I think I have all that right.
One thing I just might have found is that in The remote menu it says it's apparently set to manual transmission by default, so my guess would be that it's not working because I have the neutral wire grounded and not to the ebrake line at first but if I switch it to auto trans then maybe it'll work finally?
In the type 3 guide it said that the starter wire was not needed with the data wire I thought?
kreg357 
Posted: January 01, 2012 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, you must change the Viper over to Auto Trans, Menu3, Item1, Opt2.  That would be 7 blinks of the Parking

Lights with a failed remote start attempt.  The Neutral Safety wire to chassis ground is OK.   You would need
it connected to the EBrake to get into Manual Trans Reservation Mode, but with an Auto, chassis ground is OK.

The other Viper programming that should be set is Menu3, Item2 and Menu3, Item9.

I'm sorry.  You are correct.  The Starter signal should be handled by the D2D connection.  ( A little

distracted last night  07 dodge ram 3500 viper 5501 idatalink - Page 2 -- posted image.  & my brain is always in W2W mode. )

Soldering is fun!
swatter101 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2012 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so it's FINALLY working. Did the shutdown diagnostics and it was that it was set for manual transmission mode. Changed that and it started right away.
Just have to fine tune it for wait to start timer and the crank timer.
Thank you so much for your help.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2012 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
hook up tach, dont use virtual tach.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic