icon

viper alarm problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
John Kleis is a very long established and well regarded company.
Yes you do have the right form, incidentally called NCR paper for "no carbon required".
Kleis would sell you the 508d, but why don't you speak to them about the problem, they might have some answers.
a l 3 x 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the triple posting, but also I have just been checking and both doors will trigger when opened, the boot doesn't seem to have its own specific trigger but it does trigger the u/s sensors.
Would this be okay once a microwave is installed or should i wire up the boot trigger, and how hard is this to do?
Finally the bonnet also isn't connected to a trigger I don't think, I'm not sure if this is necessary as I believe there is a battery back up siren, but I believe it may be more secure to install one, if so how is this done?
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Boo boo!! If it isn't connected to bonnet and boot it technically isn't a Cat I!
Take it up with them, they should have done both on installation, I wouldn't dream of not doing it.
a l 3 x 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Ah right I see, erm I haven't spoke to them as they are down in London where I bought the car and i'm up here, surely it would mean travelling down to them?
And really? Thats strange, why have they provided me with a certificate then if the alarm is not installed under Cat 1 regulations? I really can't spare the time to travel all the way back down to them, would it be worth installing those sensors myself? They may have been hidden behind the dash as the LED and valet button were?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm is pre-wired (grey and blue) for bonnet and boot, why they didn't go to the boot light and fit a bonnet switch, they had to run cable through for the siren anyway.
Contact armour auto, tell them your problems and ask for a local dealer.
a l 3 x 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think I have a boot light in my model tbh mate, it may trigger the interior light though if that makes it easier to install?
The bonnet one I could do myself though, id be a bit sceptical of drilling a hole in my slam panel though? :/
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-Alarm-Pin-Switch-Door-Bonnet-Boot-Adjustable-/170747042650?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item27c1511b5a#ht_500wt_949
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTO-CAR-DOOR-BONNET-ALARM-PIN-SWITCH-ELECTRICAL-DP1-/280800688862?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4161067ade#ht_597wt_698
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CUT-2-SIZE-CAR-ALARM-VAN-DOOR-BONNET-PIN-SWITCH-/400265684792?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item5d31b1a738#ht_5159wt_754
Would those be suitable switches?
As for the 508D, would it be triggered while my turbo timer is running as thats one thing I hadn't thought of?
I may just do as you say, but I prefer to be hands on and do things myself if possible. I assume i'd be charged quite a bit if I was put in contact with a local dealer to rectify the problem, even though it should have been fitted to a better standard in the first place?
a l 3 x 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Just had another look at my receipt ant certificate.
The receipt deffo says cat 1 on it so no idea why they havent wired these up.
The certificate says insurance category no. and the installed has filled in what looks like "T1" or "TI" in the box if thats any clue?
The weird thing is the customer satisfaction box hasnt been signed and i've got all 4 copies of the certificate for some reason?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
I can't remember a boot light, if not they should have installed a switch.
Haven't a clue about the switches this site blocks fleabay.
Your last post, 4 copies and unsigned, WRONG someone is being lazy! Sorry I'm late been watching United get slaughtered, he he no you're guess is wrong I'm a Spurs fan, not City.
a l 3 x 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Right i've been having a little think, if its gonna cost me money to take it to a local dealer i think i will convert to the prox sensor, and rectify the boot and bonnet trigger myself, as apart from that, the alarm seems to be installed and function perfectly well, and I do have the certificate, if I ever need it for my insurers in future.
I just need a bit of info on what bonnet and boot switch to fit, if this requires any options setting on the alarm, and if i can fit one without drilling holes especially to the boot area.
Also, will the microwave sensor be affected by my current turbo timer add on with the alarm?
a l 3 x 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2012 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
I can't remember a boot light, if not they should have installed a switch.
Haven't a clue about the switches this site blocks fleabay.
Your last post, 4 copies and unsigned, WRONG someone is being lazy! Sorry I'm late been watching United get slaughtered, he he no you're guess is wrong I'm a Spurs fan, not City.
sorry i keep typing a post then forgetting to click post lol so I miss you posting.
Ah I see, how would I go about installing a switch then? Do I need to drill holes as I hate rust :/
Basically i just searched bonnet alarm switch are they all basically the same?
As for the certificate, is that bad then, its weird the company had a good rep but they seem to have been a bit lazy on mine, probably saw the guy coming as he was a bit clueless about the car itself when i bought it from him.
Would the certificate still be valid then? and does T1 or ti mean cat1?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic