icon

2012 nissan rogue, remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
voltswagon 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
2010 Rogue here. For the 2 accessories wires, which control what? Does it has to be both install because I don't have relay handy. Just want the heater blower to work for now.
Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
Most Remote Starters have a provision for a 2nd accessory output. What make/model remote starter are you using?
Here are the usual outputs on a remote starter:
Starter Output
Ignition Output
Accessory Output
Programmable Ignition 2 or Accessory 2 Output
Now since the Rogue only has 1 ignition wire to connect to, you would use the programmable output set as Accessory 2 to run you 2nd Accessory wire. No extra relays needed, just figuring out on your specific remote starter how to program the programmable output. Its usually either a jumper that needs to be moved or a programmable feature that needs to be changed.
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
I have ready remote/a vital 24921(older model).
Its has 2 ign output but only one access. I thought I can program ign2 as access but I don't see it in the booklet.
Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
The Pink/White wire is programmable to accessory 2 under menu option 6 according to the Installation manual that came up when I Googled the model number.
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

yea, that's the ign2. Remember this is the older model 24921, how to tell is the antenna is just a foot of wire.  On the booklet that came with it, it doesn't mention/show how to program it.

So back to the question, do you know what/which each accessorie wire control?

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
never seen that unit... No manual for it that i can find. So we'll go back to the "old school" approach to making you a 2nd accessory output.You will need to diode isolate(both bands towards the brain) your status output(ground while running) wire so that it feeds your bypass and the new 2nd accessory output relay that you will need to wire in. The relay wiring is as follows:
85 status output of remote starter
86 accessory wire from remote starter(just need to tap into it)
87 Fused Constant 12 volts
30 Output to 2nd accessory wire
Now I'm giving you these directions because the best practice is to duplicate all wires that get power with the key. You want the remote starter to mimic what the key does. Failure to do so can cause check engine or ABS lights to come on or transmissions not shifting correctly.
If you truly are set on seeing what each accessory wire does, Simply jump the 12volt wire over to one of the accessory wires and see what comes on. If you are lucky, you would want to find the accessory wire that turns on the radio. Some cars have an accessory wire that only powers things like radio and wipers, other cars power those items and an ABS or Transmission computer. Hook it up without the accessory wire that turns on the radio and try to remote start it. If it doesn't start or it does start and you get a check engine light or ABS light then you know you'll need to add the relay in anyway. I personally bench prep all my work, to add a relay in takes 5-10 minutes. If you had to do it while its already installed in the car, it can take you 45 plus minutes. Much easier to just do it the right way the first time... Plus it save your back from the extra 45 minutes...lol
Good luck, any other questions don't hesitate to ask, I've done many of these cars.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2013 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Tho you should always check like Flobee says, i can say that on a new Rogue you are safe to connect the 2nd Ignition on your Rs to the 1st accessory in the car. I've done it many times with no incident, tho it does allow the heat controls to stay on during crank....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2013 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

Here's the comparison of new and old.

2012 nissan rogue, remote starter - Page 2 -- posted image.

2012 nissan rogue, remote starter - Page 2 -- posted image.

About the relay, I'm not worried about it.  I just didn't want to use one/two if I didn't have to.  In this case, I might have to.

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2013 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
I see now, so either wire in a relay like I showed you and get a true extra accessory output and don't use the pink/white off the remote start.
or
Do like Mike M2 said and hook up the pink/white to the accessory wire that turns on the blower motor and heater control. The side effect is that the heat will continue to blow while the car is starting. This is not a normal function, but he says it would work fine on this car. To test which accessory wire turns on the blower motor, simply turn the heat on and then jump each accessory wire one at a time to the 12volt wire in the ignition harness. The one that turns on the blower motor is the one that gets the pink/white wire.
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2013 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

I just had to prove I'm not crazy 2012 nissan rogue, remote starter - Page 2 -- posted image.

Yea, I dont know why I wasn't thinking of that.  12v+ to one of the wire to see what comes on.

Thanks for your help.  I will discontinue this thread and continue on the other one I started.

Meanwhile, I know I'll be doing more of this so I just order 10X 20a/30a w/ wires relay $20.

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic