08 escape, python 574

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danmc85 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
danmc85 wrote:
never output any voltage, latched or pulse.
I meant closed ground, I had the positive multimeter end on a 12 volt battery source and the negative multimeter end on the blue/white defogger output on the remote starter.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
I am also having an weird issue that I can't figure out, maybe someone who has installed a lot of the newer dei units maybe able to chime in.
For some reason once and a while when I go to remote start my vehicle with the 2 way transmitter that it came with I will get an error message that says "Remote Start Error" on the display, but it seems it is just with the transmitter because i believe the remote starter is fine. After 2 or 3, sometimes 5 tries it usually starts right up. But the transmitter arms and disarms the vehicle perfectly every time the first time.
The reason why I think it is the transmitter or something related is because I can remote start the vehicle every time without issue using my iPhone as I have the Smartstart VSM200 module installed and connected to the bitwritter port.   I just don't understand how it arms and disarms perfectly but won't respond to remote start commands every time.
Side Note (prob unrelated, but I'll post anyways):
When I was first installing it was shutting after shortly after remote starting and I was getting 2 flash - Over-Rev errors via the status led because of my tach, which I do not understand as I used this same tach wire for 4 years with my older python 990 without issue. Anyways I just switched the system engine checking to Voltage and it has been working fine staying running.
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2012 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
use door trigger wire, or pulse driver door pin with the factory alarm rearm wire.
I just ordered the DTIMAZDA module, I decided to do it right.
http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=460
danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

If anyone has access to directtechs.com or motorcraftservice.com can anyone confirm for me that a 08 escape with v6 3.0L engine has a tach wire going to the computer at the pcm module under the hood on a GREEN/ BLUE wire?

danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across an issue where the Status 2, Latched Defogger wire (Blue/White) is not grounding when remote starting under 55 degrees on a DEI unit, mine happens to be a Python 574 in particular. Even if forced on via the remote function level 4 menu on a Python 574. The defogger shows engaged on the remote, but the wire does not change.

I did change the output from a Status output to a Lached Defogger output in the features programming menu.

Any ideas?

danmc85 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
I just wanted to post that I have successfully finished installing this alarm and remote start back on January 15th. I don't need any additional help for these questions as I have them all answered and everything is working correctly.
Also this post on a different forum segment is related to this install if anyone else is doing a 2008 ford escape or similar: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~130213~PN~1~TPN~3
Thanks,
Dan
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic