icon

viper 5904, viper 530t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtinctelise 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
Actually it is in the default mode, which according to the manual, is referred to as "Validity", not momentary.  Though that is exactly what it is, momentary.  However the momentary output seems to be a bit too long.
xtreme069 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2012 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
Hi I'm also having the same issue with the 5904 and 530t three separate 5904's all with 530t's all have the same issue sometimes the window cracks sometimes it rolls all the way down have tested the aux outputs in validity mode and the output validity is between 1 to 3 seconds this does not change depending on how long I press the button on the Lcd remote (haven't tried the one way remote yet) spoke to directed and they suggested using a timed output of 1 second but this will void the roll down function all help would be appreciated
I Love This Industry!!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2012 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
Just a thought to both of the above, ground the vent/down wire, first 4 1 second, then again to make sure the 530t itself is working properly.
xtreme069 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Yep tested the 530t to see if it was venting correctly have emailed directed in the states to try to get some help on this
I Love This Industry!!
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
So I played around with this for a good deal of time.  It seems the newer Viper alarm is sending a signal that is over 1 second long.  And the window control unit wants to see 1 second or less, since this input pulse is not good it gives inconsistent results.  My final workaround was to install a time delay relay on the output pulse of the alarm so i could control or fine tune the output pulse duration.  It has been working with that 100% for 8 months now.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
Or turned it into a timed output for 1 second duration.
xtinctelise 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
I tried every output channel and configuration on the Viper alarm and not one would produce a consistent output time.
rbimdxe 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
Figured I'd bump this up instead of a new topic :)
For the record I'm having the same issues with the 5904/530t combo, that is, sometimes a momentary AUX push triggers the vent, pause, fully wind down procedure instead if vent only. But I can deal with that.
My issue is that auto roll up works fine. Auto vent/wind down via AUX channel works fines (except for one window occasionally).
Auto (one touch) up works perfectly fine.
Auto (one touch) down works fine on every window except the drivers..
The drivers window has auto up/down built into the switch so you can only interface with the wires after the module.
When trying to wind the drivers window down, it stops every 2-3". One touch or hold, it keeps stopping. AUX auto down - it does not stop.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Increasing the resistance settings simply make it stop more often, but then it still winds down fine with the AUX activation...
rbimdxe 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2012 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm... Something else noteworthy...
This does not occur when the alternator is not providing power, ice when the engine is off and the battery is the sole energy source (@ ~11.8v) the down works fine. Once the engine is turned on and the alternator runs (@ ~13.8v +) the drivers window experiences problems....
Any thoughts?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic