icon

2011 toyota 4 runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
casale33 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
was wondering i have a python rs and alarm disarm wire also unlocks door but stays open any wiring to relock the doors during remote start
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
This is a PTS 4Runner? If it's regular key then the keysense wire will disarm the factory alarm.
What model Python RS are you installing?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
casale33 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
its a python 413 with a 556u module install door unlock are hooked up has factory alarm
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Do you use a regular key to start the vehicle or does it have Push To Start (PTS)?
What did you use to disarm the factory alarm? Did you use the disarm output from the Python or did you use the door unlock output and set it to double pulse?
casale33 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
sorry regular key , without the disarm wire hooked up when i hit remote start button the alarm sounded
casale33 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
unless i unlocked the doors before remote start then the alarm did not sound off
Twelvoltz 
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Use the second status output wire, whichever one you didn't use to activate the 556U (either the blue or the blue/white) hooked to the vehicle's keysense wire (black). It will disarm the factory alarm when remote starting.
casale33 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2012 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
yes was thinking of doing something with the 2nd status wire but im confused about the key sense wire the schematic for truck says n/a for key sense
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
It definitely does have keysense.
Just go in there and test the wires around the keyswitch until you find it. Look for a two-pin connector with one WHITE/ black and one other color.....the other color should be keysense.
Put either your blue/white status or blue ground-while-running from the Python to the keysense wire in the car.
casale33 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks I will try this later. Should I then disconnect. The alarm disarm wire from python so the locks wont unlock on remote start? And how should i program the blue 2nd activation wire pulse or constant   , I used the blu/ white for 556 u activate
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic