icon

adding a trunk release to factory remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carraudio 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

I have a customer that wants to add a hatch pop to his 2011 Kia Soul. there is no button on the remote o I was thinking of just adding a few relays (or whatever is needed) to the unlock wire of the car so all you have to do is hold unlock for a few sec and it would pop a Trunk Release Solenoid (5222T). anyone have any ideas on what it would take???

Chris Carr

GP Customs

Lincoln Ne

itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2012 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

does the trunk have an electric popper button inside the car?

could it be as simple as programming a factory remote that does have a trunk button?

if not

if the interior light gets turned on when you lock/unlock the doors, have a relay that when turned on by the interior light, re routes the door/unlock lock signal through a relay that instead pops the trunk.

so to pop the trunk, you would press the lock/unlock button  to lock/unlock and then one more time within the allotted time that the interior light stays on.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
carraudio 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2012 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
All I did was used a TR7 when it gets a double pulse from the unlock motor it sends a single pulse to a relay popping the hatch release. Lucky for me the latch on the back was already electronic

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic