the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 yukon remote starter problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
3 Flashes on the Autopage is
No RPM or Low Voltage.
Sometimes if the bypass is not programmed properly, it will not allow the remote starter to start the vehicle and sees the shutdown as a lack of tach signal. I had that happen on a Jeep Grand Cherokee with an XK09 that was acting up.
Try to change the remote starter to no engine sensing and see if it starts.
If it does, it's a tach learn issue.
If it doesn't, insert the key into the ignition switch (don't turn it) and try to remote start it. If it starts, it's an issue with the DBALL not being programmed correctly. Maybe not even flashed with the correct firmware.
bigbee 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
It is confusing to me.
The flashes are slow like (hard to type this)
flash..........flash.........flash
Not flash flash flash.
It did the rapid flash 3 times then I went through the tach learn process and it went into learning mode. LED flashed and I held the valet switch till the LED went solid.
I also tried the key in the ignition and had no luck
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Try changing the programming to no engine sensing to determine if it is a tach issue or not. If not, check all of your shut down inputs (brake, hood pin, and neutral safety)and make sure they are acting as they should and that you are not getting a false shut down input.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
shortcircuit161 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Try also starting with the key and then pressing the remote start button to see if it takes over and then remove the key.
Does it stay running?
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
Also make sure that you have BOTH ignition wires and BOTH accessory wires connected at the ignition switch. They both require relays (unless the unit you have has a flex relay output).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
bigbee 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
I just started the truck and activated the remote starter and the truck stayed running after I shut off the ignition switch.
What do you all think the problem is?
Maybe after 2 weeks I can finally finish this baby up 2003 yukon remote starter problem - Page 2 -- posted image.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have both ignition and both accessory wires connected at the ignition switch?
It sounds like the bypass may not be programmed properly... but even then it should still remote start with just the key in the ignition barrel (not turned)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
shortcircuit161 
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
I just realized this vehicle is based on Passlock II.
The key in the ignition might not work since it's resistor based, not transponder based.
If it's staying on, the tach signal "should" be working. Otherwise, the Autopage unit would not know the vehicle was already running and attempt to start the vehicle again.
It sounds like the DBALL didn't program correctly.
What instructions are you using to program the DBALL?
bigbee 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

I am using the instructions from the xpresskit web site.

I have it hooked up W2W. I connect 10 and 12 pin harness. Press and hold the programming button. Then connect the 14 pin harness.Then I watch the LED and it is glowing RED / orange then it turns red. Then I start the truck and the LED turns green. Then the LED turns off. Then turn off the ignition.

I have tried this 3 or 4 times. The LED never seems to go solid orange like the manual says. I have held the button on for different lenghts of time and it seems not too matter.

When I try to remote start the truck the LED on the module has a steady green flash.

offroadzj 
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
That sounds like the db-all is not programming. Check your connections for the db-all and make sure they are 100%
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic