2-12v
3-Accesory-Grey
4-Starter wire near starter
5-starter wire near ignition
6-12v
7-Ignition 2
8-not connected
9-12v
I do not have 12v coming out of violet(4) when the key is ON, because then the starter would run when the key was on even before turning the key. But I just reconnected and tried to start again, same thing, but after it runs for a few seconds it starts to stop and eventually stops completely.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe I misunderstood your issue. I though that your problem was that the starter was cranking whenever you turned the key to on? What exactly happens with everything connected when you use the key to start the vehicle, and what happens when you try to remote start it?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
ask92 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
With everything hooked up, the way i stated before for H3, and by the document for all the others. The starter continues to crank even after its running and the key isnt turning to the start position. The remote start does not work at all, i just get remote start error on the remote.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
so you turn the key to "on" and its normal, but if you turn it to "start" then return the key to "on", the starter continues to crank? But if you disconnect the violet wire from the remote start everything returns to normal? That is a very odd issue. Try reconnecting the factory starter wire together, leave the green wire out of the equation, and reconnect the violet wire to the vehicle start wire and see what you get.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Also, how did you end up bypassing the clutch? Which method did you use?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Yes that is correct, alright ill disconnect the key side starter wire and put the car side starter wire back on. But even though this is a problem, why isnt the remote start working? I just bridged the clutch connection for the time being. If it is ever a problem ill put a relay in.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
We are better off trying to figure out this problem then when we can have the connections all made and not have other problems we can start figuring out the remote start.
With the factory starter wire reconnected, connect the violet wire and then undo the clutch switch. Lets rule out the clutch switch first.
As long as you've made every connection exactly as in the diagram you posted, and you tested to verify each wire, we need to first figure out why the car isn't working properly with the key first. Regardless of the remote starter, the vehicle should act 100% normal with the key... which it is not.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
With the violet wire disconnected the car is fine, so its something to do with the remote start obviously. The clutch has nothing do with it it seems to me.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
But if you tested the violet wire while it was disconnected and it does not show voltage when you are having the issue then you have a major issue... If the violet wire was showing 12volts when returning the key then I would say its a bad unit or something causing the unit to output voltage on the violet wire... but there is something else going on; which is why i figure we should eliminate what we can. Even if its doubtful that it is the cause of the issue.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Also, its possible that the clutch switch is seeing an extended signal and backfeeding to the ignition which is causing the starter to stay engaged. I still doubt that is what is happening, but its something that doesn't hurt to check and eliminate.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic