icon

viper 5901 wiring into 94 celica

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ask92 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
My thoughts are when i turn the key to start the car electricity is being sent through the violet wire and into the brain. And then when i release the key that energy keeps the starter turning even though the key is released, and the brain acts as a sort of battery for a few seconds. That is just what it seems like to me as the car has never ever had any issues with the starting system before this.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  
If the ground on the unit is good then the unit should not act anything like a battery. The wires coming off the heavy gauge harness are all driven by internal relays... which should only be switched when the proper activation is sent. The relay for the violet wire is not activated by anything but the activation input and the remote. So just having it connected and not activating the starter should not cause any of this.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hooked the clutch switch up and then reconnected the viper. Same thing with the constant starter until i release the clutch and it cuts the power. Then if i reapply the clutch it does not trigger the starter again. With everything hooked up, I press the remote start, it says remote start error, then the brain clicked 7 times, sounded like a relay clicking to me. Happens every time i hit the remote start. Any ideas?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
7 flashes indicates you have not set it up for reservation mode.
read the manual to set reservation mode. make sure tach, foot brake, ignition, ebrake and clutch bypass have been done.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
Ok so I still have this issue with the starter continuing to spin even after i release the key with the violet wire is hooked up. The clutch switch was re installed just like OEM and of course the starter stops when i release the clutch, and does not start again when i push the clutch down. Why is this wire causing the starter to continue to turn?
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2012 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
No one?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2012 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
you must be wiring something wrong. its easier to diagnose from the beginning. meaning rip it all out and start from scratch.
Ted
Compustar Expert
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm is wired the exact way that it is shown in the document. I am 110% sure of that. So unless someone can find something wrong with the wiring configuration I wont be tearing the entire thing out.
tedmond 
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
well lets state the obvious.
1) we cannot see your work/wiring so we cannot determine the wiring problem.
2) the alarm wired exactly "shown in the document," i hope you tested all your wires.
3) your 110% doesn't mean anything, as it still doesn't work now does it?
not trying to be a sarcastic a-hole, but realistically, cut your losses, rip it out and start over. your install would be less time consuming as you have the wires as "shown in the document".
Just my .2 cents for what its worth.
Ted
Compustar Expert
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a viper 5901 into my 94 celica GT a few months ago but was never able to get the remote start to work. Everything else works fine but when I hit the remote start I get a remote start error on the remote and a relay inside the brain clicks 7 times. I am told that 7 clicks means it is in reservation mode. Any ideas on how to get it out of reservation mode and make the damn thing work? I have searched all over but cannot find anything about the reservation mode.
How it is wired up:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1usKZBjVkvwjoCn2zSnCVI12aRlhkYFkEBrFCr_Ryk0k/edit?pli=1
Thank you.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic