icon

viper 5901 wiring into 94 celica

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ask92 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
So I connected violet and green to black and white and i fixed the constant starting issue. I also checked the tach wire and made the brain "learn" the tach signal, which im guessing worked as I held the control button for 3 seconds and the LED came on and the brain clicked once.
I then attempted to set reservation mode and it did not work once again so I put the ebrake wire (h2/18) to constant ground thinking maybe that was it. Nope. There are also 2 green with white striped wires(Brake signal) in the kick panel, and ive connected it to both and neither worked.
The neutral safety switch is to ON coming off the brain.
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
With the key ON when I push the brake down I am not getting any power at all to the green with white wire....
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Green and white is grounded, regardless if the brake is up or down. The other larger GREEN / WHITE wire goes into the door, so it cannot be the wire.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
The Vipers H2/17 Brown wire must be connected for remote start operation, especially with Manual Transmission
Mode.  Always test the suspect wire with a Digital Multi Meter prior to connecting the Vipers Brown wire.  The
easiest place to locate this GREEN / WHITE wire is at the Brake Pedal switch connector, at the top of the Brake
Pedal.  It should show a +12V signal when the pedal is depressed.
Soldering is fun!
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I wired directly to the switch. Now if I start the car, push the brake in, set the ebrake, release the brake and then push remote start it works! Then I remove the key and exit the car(with the car still running). Then push lock which is what it says to do, the car stops(like it is supposed to) then After about 5 seconds the remote says remote start error. Then if I try to remote start it again i get an error with 7 clicks.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

So close and yet so far...   viper 5901 wiring into 94 celica - Page 5 -- posted image.

Could be a lot of things.  I am not a Viper person so I my not be able to

help.  My first thoughts are that something is "kicking you out" of Reservation
Mode.  I would double check all my wiring and connections to ensure that all
solder connections are good, everything is well insulated and no wires are
chaffed or touching metal. 

Did you re-program the Viper to Tach Mode by setting Menu 3, Item 2 to Option 4?

Also don't forget to correctly wire the clutch switch bypass. 

Hopefully someone with more Viper experience can assist.

Soldering is fun!
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Tell me about it haha. I disconnected green and there is no difference. The brain has a tach signal because when i start the car and hold the control button down and wait 3 seconds the LED lights up to indicate it has learned the tach signal, however I do get a relay click right after I let go of the button but I would think its just adjusting. Due to it running when i take the key out I would think all the IGN wires, doors, grounds , and 12 volts are fine. I will recheck the ebrake just to be safe though.
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
The manual says I should be able to manually start the car by putting a ground pulse to H1/10, which is not connected to anything. I did this and got nothing.
ask92 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Also the ebrake wire seems to be grounded even if the ebrake is down..But the ebrake plug itself only grounds when up. The ebrake light works fine.
kreg357 
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think H1/10 will work in Manual Transmission Mode or at least

won't work if you are not properly set up in Reservation Mode.

Not to put you on the spot but did you actually go into the Viper

programming procedure and change Engine Checking to Tach mode?

Menu 3, Item 2 to Option 4

Soldering is fun!
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic