the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 tacoma, viper 4103, pkall

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
i just connect it anyways, never had an issue with leaving it. you can ground it but its all about timing. The keysense wire acts as a "clock" and expects to see a key for x amount of time.
hard to explain, but just connect status and keysense from the bypass. No need for diode isolation, just diode on the sauis to keysense/bypass GWR
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
ok... I'll do that from now on. I prefer to use the keysense on toyota's so you don't have to worry about it unlocking, but was real hesitant because of the bypass requiring it. Glad to know that I'm still good to use it!
Thanks
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
toojayz 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
Is it then possible to just connect the lock/unlock feature to avoid the drivers door unlocking when the remote start activates? Its not that much of a big deal to me as I should be able to lock the drivers door with the viper keyfob once the remote start has started. Is this right? I know the factory keyfobs are inoperable after the vehicle is running. Thanks again
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
Yes. You can connect the lock wires to the factory arm/disarm wires (so you don't lose the alarm feature of the vehicle) and then just connect the status output to the keysense. The only thing I am not sure of is whether the factory alarm will re-arm itself after the keysense signal is dropped (remote start shutdown)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
toojayz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2012 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks agan Kenny! I really appreciate the info!
toojayz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have one more question, in the PKALL installation instructions there is a blue/white wire that is to be connected to a "while running" status. I can't figure out what to connect this to and I am doing all my homework before I start this install this Wednesday.
toojayz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
toojayz wrote:
I have one more question, in the PKALL installation instructions there is a blue/white wire that is to be connected to a "while running" status. I can't figure out what to connect this to and I am doing all my homework before I start this install this Wednesday.
And when I said I didn't know what to connect I meant is this wire to be connected to a vehicle wire or a certain wire on the remote starter? I am using a Viper 4103 rs. Thanks again
offroadzj 
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
It will connect to the blue (-)200ma status output from the remote starter.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
toojayz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks again Kenny, you're the man!
toojayz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
Okay, in the middle of the install now and may be confused about two things. If I connect the factory lock/unlock wires and connect the factory arm/disarm wires, what to I connect the key sense wire to?
Also, there is a ground when running wire coming from the Viper, is that wire needed for the unit to function and if so, what do I connect it to? Sorry to be a pest but I rather ask than make a costly mistake. Thanks again, Jim
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic