icon

04 mountaineer hvac controls

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Has anyone any experience with the 04 exploder/mountaineer digital hvac controls? While running under key, I set the heat control where I want it and shut down the vehicle.  If I restart it with the key, it doesn't remember the position, fan speed, and temp.  So naturally if it doesn't keep it under control of the key, it doesn't when remote started.  I remember there are some caddys out there that you physically have to turn on the hvac everytime you start it. 
Advanced
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
I've never heard of that with a ford. Are they automatic or manual dials?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
they are digital/ electronic, not dials
Advanced
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
oh... gotcha. I've still never seen hvac controls "reset" themselves on a ford... but I suppose anything is possible. But if it's doing it with even the key, you are probably stuck.
Sorry I couldn't be more help...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
dasbogie 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
04 mountaineer hvac controls -- posted image. this is the animal I'm dealing with.
Advanced
offroadzj 
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 6:02 AM / IP Logged  
Just as a shot in the dark, have you checked through all of the fuses in the truck? I honestly don't know how those heater controls work, but there may be some sort of "memory" constant power that saves the settings... similar to that of a radio.
Again, probably not, but it might be something worth checking.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  
Does it always default to the same setting after shut down or is it random upon key up?
What about wiring a relay controlled by the RS directly to the blower so you at least get the fan working under remote start? I've contemplated this before for people that constantly forget to set their controls before exiting the vehicle.
offroadzj 
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
awdeclipse wrote:
Does it always default to the same setting after shut down or is it random upon key up?
What about wiring a relay controlled by the RS directly to the blower so you at least get the fan working under remote start? I've contemplated this before for people that constantly forget to set their controls before exiting the vehicle.
I did this on my 2000 Dodge Ram a few years back. I was horrible about remembering to set it on so I tested the wires at the switch to find which one showed 12v when set to high and used the defogger output to run a relay. That way the truck would be running for a few seconds before the blower would kick on. If you do it at the switch, make sure to interrupt the main power input so that you don't end up powering 2 fan modes at once.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2012 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
I've seen it on some usually its the control head something inside goes nuts
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
vinchinzo 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2012 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds fishy to me
When in doubt....kick it!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic