icon

how does clifford's blackjax work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jojo88 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  
The manual says that if it's enabled (via programming), whenever you start the car you must enter a PIN number to disable it (so it doesn't stop the car) each time you drive it.
Did I read that right? Does it require you to enter your PIN each time you start it?
Thanks,
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 21, 2012 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
It's been a very long time since I personally have seen/used a BlackJax system...but yes you are reading that correctly. The BlackJax system is an anti-car jacking device. It requires you to enter your 'pin' on the 'plain view switch' every time you drive the vehicle. So you start the car, enter pin and drive away. If a door is opened after you enter your pin you have to re-enter that pin to drive the car again. Without entering pin, the alarm would sound shortly after driving the car, and shut the vehicle off after it saw the brake applied and rpm drop below a certain level. Again, it's been a long time but if I remember correctly this is how it worked.
The theory is this: You are driving along and someone carjacks you at a stop light...let them take the car. They will not know the pin and as they are approaching their next stop the car will sound it's alarm and shut off until the correct pin is entered.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2012 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
I had one customer out of hundreds that actually wanted it. Back in the day my German Shepherd, A.K.A. "The land shark" was a more than adequate deterrent.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic