icon

viper 5704 in a 2000 ford explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Eclipse-1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing the Viper 5704 with the DEI 555P-W in a 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer and have a few questions I hoped I can get some help on.

H2/1 Pink/White flex relay control, do I need to worry about this or where does it connect?

H2/9 Dark Blue would connect to the Pin 3 Blue on the 555P?

H2/10 Pink Is it needed in this application/whats it used for?

H2/18 Violet / YELLOW Do I need and if so could this be where Pin 3 (blue) goes to for the 555P?

H2/21 WHITE/ Blue Another Pin 3 Blue possibility as I dont have the need for a turbo timer.

H3/1 Pink Ignition input/output? Where does this go?

H3/2 RED / White Flex relay. Do I need to use this and if so it would be connected to the Yellow 12v?

H3/3 Orange would go to Grey / YELLOW?

H3/7 and 8 Are these needed and if so to what?

H3/9 RED / Black goes to ?

Also I was wondering how much success anyone has had with the virtual tach or should I run the H2/23 Violet/White wire to the Tan / YELLOW wire at the PCM?

TIA, I am all set to install and just need to figure those out (well... Hopefully just those).

Brian

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
Can you elaborate on the descriptions for each wire from the manual/install guide? I don't have one in front of me right now and although I know most of the colors by heart, I don't know the connector numbers/pin numbers by heart.
I'm going to take a stab at it and hope this is correct... but if you get me the additional information I can verify it.
Pink/white (H2) is not needed. Its only a (-)200ma output.
Dark blue should be (-)200ma status output which does go to the 555P
Pink is not needed. Also a (-)200ma output
Violet / YELLOW I'm not sure of, but I'm assuming its an aux output... if so, not needed.
WHITE/ blue is not needed. This is just an activation input line that will activate the starter if it sees an input... so be sure to take it off well so it does not ground out.
Pink ignition output goes to the vehicle ignition wire (GREEN/ purple)
RED / White will go to a constant 12v
Orange goes to the vehicle accessory wire (gray / YELLOW)
Don't know what 7 and 8 are but I'm assuming one will be the pink/white 2nd ignition which will go to your 2nd accessory wire in the car (BLACK/ green). Make sure to set the flex relay programming to 2nd accessory! I'm assuming the other is the pink/black which if it is, will not be needed.
RED / Black will also go to 12v constant. You can tie the red, RED / white, and RED / black all together to the 12v constant in the vehicle (yellow)
A true tach signal is ALWAYS the best option. Virtual tach will work, but it will be unreliable especially during changes in climate... when the vehicle is more/less likely to start immediately.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Eclipse-1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

Kenny, thanks for the prompt response. I think you were dead on from what you said and filled in the blanks but just in case I will put in the description below what the pins are for.

H2/1 Pink/White -200 ma ignition/flex relay control output 

H2/9 Dark Blue -200 ma status output

H2/10 Pink -200 ma ignition 1 output

H2/18 Violet / YELLOW -200 ma starter output

H2/21 WHITE/ Blue remote start/turbo timer activation input

H3/1 Pink Ignition 1 input/output

H3/2 RED / White (87) flex relay +12 input (30 amp fused)

H3/3 Orange + accessory output

H3/7  Pink/White (3-) flex relay output (car side ign, acc or starter wire)

H3/8 Pink/Black (87a) Flex relay input (key side ign, acc or starter wire if needed)

H3/9 RED / Black Accessory/starter relay +12v input (30 a fused)

There, I hope that is it. Again, thanks. My GF will love the remote start and you know you need to keep them happy.

Brian

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
yea... looks like what I posted earlier should match up.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
vinchinzo 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
how did it all work?
When in doubt....kick it!
Eclipse-1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2012 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
The install went smooth and everything worked fine.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic