the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

e90 bmw evo can int bmw2 clifford 50.7x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2012 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
you can unplug and tape up the ends. remove the fuses as well and tape the fuse holder up.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2012 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
No stick with the Clifford, it's a much better unit and wire the door locks correctly, i.e. to the WHITE/ black lock and blue/red unlock in the switch panel in the driver's door, NEG pulse and program comfort close. That with the above mentioned grey valet key should solve your problems.
benjimatt 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
I dont have a grey valet key so im just going to try and use my second key fob i think that should work. So i cant just unplug the other wires from the alarm when it comes to the door wires (lock/unlock) I have to fix these wires??
sorry your post kind of confused me. I dont plan on using sode alarm I just needed to know if I should take it out of my car or not.
Tedmond im pretty sure im going to take your advice. thanks. ill let yyou guys know how the install goes
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry, senile dementia, I confused this with another BMW post, follow Ted's advice he knows this install.
benjimatt 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
ahhhh!!!!!! This is not fun :-( I think i just picked a wrong day to do this.
SO here we go. my status so far.
right now nothing on the evo-can. is working properly. it seems like it is just not recognizing anything :-(
the int-bmw2 is interesting. I got the key and barrel wires connected first. and i plugged the batter back to the car to make sure it still started and it did :-) Then I cut the brake wires and hooked all of that up and tried starting it and it started again :-)
weird thing is that when I have the car on and I press the lock button on the clifford remote it turns the car off. I know that the unlock button is connected to the int-bmw2 so I figured i know that part is working.
When i try to do the remote start I get 7 clicks from the clifford box. Im going to have to look in the manual and see what this means. This may be able to get fixed.
The only thing I can think of that is wrong with the EVO-CAN is that the firmware is 4.4.00 and the int-bmw2 says it needs to be 4.4.02 but the only thing i see in the notes is the handbrake enhancement and thats it!@!! All the evo-can does is keep blinking. It says you dont have to program it but IDK...
Maybe I need to do my CAN wires over again?????? They seem fine to me though......
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
you have to program the evocan to the vehicle you are working on.
7clicks from clifford, check neutral safety BLACK/ white. make sure its grounded if auto or connected to ebrake if manual. plug nss switch in and turn to on.
Ted
Compustar Expert
benjimatt 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2012 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
Dang your good!!!!!after programing things are starting to work
I guess my car requires a double pulse to unlock and a single pulse to lock so I had to program this to the clifford unit.
So far the lock and unlock work and the trunk open is also working.
only thing that I need to check is the door status thing because when I unlock the door the lights wont turn on. well they have a couple times but i need it to work all of the time.
oh and I still havent got remote start working just yet. It was clicking 7 times so I changed it to automatic mode then it started clicking 8 times and I grounded the neutral safety wire but still nothing.....
tedmond 
Posted: February 04, 2012 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
sure you grounded the neutral safety wire, but you still didnt plug in the switch that came with the unit. plug it in and turn it to the on position.
start your vehicle with the key, press and hold the valet button on the antenna, until the led turns blue. that is the tach learn procedure.if t fails to turn blue you should run a tach wire.
Ted
Compustar Expert
benjimatt 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2012 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
ok looks like the ground i was using for the NSS was not a very good ground. I hooked it to all of the other grounds and this fixed the issue. Now the remote start initiates but it wont start the car.
im checking all my wires and they look good.....The only thing i can think of is that maybe I havent wrapped the keyfob and the barrel good enough.......
i may have to call fortin and see what they think......
benjimatt 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2012 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
btw I am using the keyfob since the direction said I could......
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic