icon

e90 bmw evo can int bmw2 clifford 50.7x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
benjimatt 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
yeah it works correctly and i can start the car it just wont lock the car when it is connected. From what you guys have said im pretty confident that the valet key will fix this. Thanks for all the help guys.
Now ill have to find a local key shop to make me a key
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2012 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
Look I've been there and done that with stripping an OEM key, even with the battery removed, as Ted says its still functioning, it works by induction.
You actually have 3 functions on the factory key:-
1) Lock and unlock (the internal battery).
2) Immobiliser control by the RFI chip.
3) Locking and unlocking either when it senses via data that the engine is running or because of your wrapped key it thinks the key is still in the ignition so it won't permit locking of the car.
#3 is still functioning even when the battery is removed and that's the reason you're having problems and why I keep going on about the bloody valet key.
By the way I thought of this 30 years ago with importing BMW body parts to the US but $60 for a valet key? It's $35 equivalent here.
roxxor 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

No intention of hijacking this post, just a question I have about the int-bmw2 and since I found an active thread about it, I wanted to ask. I am going to be getting an e90 328i myself in the next week or two, and was looking at this module.

With leaving the key fob, or even the valet key in the car, doesnt it run the risk of someone just punching your window and being able to drive away with the Push to Start? I've installed remote start alarms before where you leave a key in(would always just cut off the key so it couldnt be used in ignition), but never on a PTS car. Am I missing something, or is it really that big a risk? Thanks

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
they would have to activate the relay that "completes" the circuit for the immobilizer.
the risk is minimal i would say.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
Your villain would still need the programmed key to activate the ignition in the first place.
Please watch "Gone in 60 Seconds" or a recent "CSI New York" with a large pinch of salt.
It's almost impossible to steal a German car post 2005 without the correct key or a low-loader.
Unless you're from Eastern Europe with a pad/laptop/netbook and a large chunk of RFI conversion software.
benjimatt 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
I hate where I live so much!!!!! Seems like nobody in albuquerque will program bmw keys, just the dealer :-( im still searching though
benjimatt 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
went to the dealer and he is trying to say there is not a valet key for my model bimmer :-(............not sure what to do now
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
this is the sketchy way but it works if doneproperly. do your key wrap with the fob. when youre done, wrap the fob with aluminum foil shiney side inside.
try that. btw the bmw does have valet key. i've ordered many for various remote starter jobs
Ted
Compustar Expert
benjimatt 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
would you happen to know the part number?? id rather just do it the right way lol
tedmond 
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Its just simply a Valet or mechanic key when i asked for it.
Sometimes they would give me a metal key "valet/mechanic" or the spare plastic key which will also work. The plastic "emergency" key is 10 dollars cheaper.
This is the part number i pulled off my documents when i worked on a few bmws. Part # 51218205313. I'm sure I did an E90 sometime with the same key.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic