optional sensors?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
ABUS FTW.
My first ABUS was the diskus series. Decades of motorbikes, mud, beach, abuse and she still works fine.
With their "ungripable" body and 8-tonne rack force, they or not easy to ope without a key. (As my mate found when his Yale imitation seized within a year LOL!)
And though ABUS is "new" down here, IMO they are penetrating fast. My new workplace has them everywhere (import containers & quarantine).
And nice to hear Howie's thoughts. I crack up every time my car sets off someone's "window" sensing alarm (I thought only loud Harleys did that!).
[I use switches & uWave (proximity), and NEVER voltage, glass or ultrasonic sensing.]
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
JoJo, nothing like that, it flushes in the trunk lid. I thought of Yale 'cause I was trying to think of a lock company also known in the US.
Hello Peter
jojo88 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Can you link to a photo or page selling these?
BTW I'm considering shaving the trunk (boot) key lock altogether and doing only keyless. I'll have a backup plan of hidden wires for the actuator and a back-backup of a pull cable (will have to cut some sheet metal to access that one).
It's actually a toolbox on wheels. Drills, meters, small oscilloscope, etc. Trunk security primary priority, and towing security second. (That's why I think I want to add a tilt sensor.)
Yes I could get a van (lorry) but that in itself advertises "TOOLS! STEAL ME!". I like the stealth of a car trunk.
Thanks, jj
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
A tilt sensor is useless unless the car is jacked up as in removing wheels.
Unless you're extremely experienced or there's an existing electric trunk release, don't bother making it work correctly requires the patience of Job.
I did Google Yale Vehicle locks and got nowhere, meet me halfway and do some of this yourself, nothing installed for two posts and about 3 pages so far.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
Try this, second down:-
http://www.maplefleetservices.co.uk/component/virtuemart/browse/13-locking.html?sef=hc
jojo88 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
A tilt sensor is useless unless the car is jacked up as in removing wheels.
A tilt sensor is no good in a tow-away attempt?
howie ll wrote:
...meet me halfway and do some of this yourself, nothing installed for two posts and about 3 pages so far.
If you mean that I've done no installing yet, that's by design: only fools rush in without a full plan.
If you're done answering questions I won't blame you. Thanks for your help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Of course, anything that raises the vehicle but seriously start installing and by all means ask questions, you're still in the blue sky stage!
jojo88 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Speaking of tilt sensors, DEI makes 2. Both are called 507M but look completely different:
this one
and
this one
Which one do I get if I order the 507M. Is one an early design and one a later one?
Thanks, jj
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2012 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
Never seen the first one before.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2012 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
Just been on the Directechs site, I think the first photo is a mistake, they've only ever listed the second shape.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic